HP Z440
CPU
E5-1620 V3
Graphics
W7100
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi.

I have installed a vanilla Hackintosh on my HP z440 which has a xeon e5-1620v3 (Haswell) cpu. Everything works perfect, until it goes to sleep. when it wakes intel power gadget shows the cpu frequency stuck at 1.2ghz, and I have to reboot to get back to 3.5Ghz. I haven't been able to get native cpu power management or turboboost to work (machdep.xcpm.mode: 0), and I suspect this could be the issue? I’ve followed this https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/ and I'm now using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to get speedstep working, but it hasn't helped the wake issue. I've look though an number of posts, but nothing mentions this specific issue.

Has anyone else had the same issue? Is this due to lack of xlmc? Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve it?

I'm using the following kexts and my config.plist is attached:
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • CodecCommander.kext
  • NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • IntelCPUMonitor.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
  • AptioMemoryFix.efi
thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
In case it helps anyone else, I managed to get it working using the patches from here without using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext:

My current clover config is attached for Mojave 10.14.6 with turbo boost to 3.6ghz and speedstep all working, even after waking up from sleep.

Attachments

• config.plist
    12 KB · Views: 245
Just use the latest version of clover with the above listed kexts and attached config file.

I now have my HP z440 Running Catalina 10.15 and works perfect including speedstep and turbo
Updated EFI folder attached

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17 MB · Views: 463
hi evman,
tried your EFI with Mojave, have exactly the same problem.
Speedstep not working - stuck at 3.5GHz - after wakeup stuck at 1.2 GHz.
Tried other configs, maybe it has to do with BIOS Settings.
so please, could you kindly provide me yours?
regards

hi evman,
tried your EFI with Mojave, have exactly the same problem.
Speedstep not working - stuck at 3.5GHz - after wakeup stuck at 1.2 GHz.
Tried other configs, maybe it has to do with BIOS Settings.
so please, could you kindly provide me yours?
regards
Make sure you use the initial config file I posted from Mojave. The one in the EFI folder I uploaded is for Catalina. My bios is the latest version and using default settings

thx, will try that after work !
btw... ONE config.plist for Mojave and Catalina should be the goal (and possible)... so using only one clover for several macos is what i want (and have for z240 for example)
regards

Last edited:
Even with evman’s latest EFI folder I am still
Hi Laurent,
What version of Catalina are you trying to install? 10.15.2 requires new kernel injections. I have attached an updated EFI folder for it.

Even with evman’s latest EFI folder I am still getting the same error during boot

Here is the latest EFI working in 10.15.2 and 10.15.3. Note that the xcpm kernel patches are no longer needed to enable xcpm, so hopefully this will work in newer versions of macOS as well. All that was needed for my Haswell Xeon E5-1620 V3 was to enable plugintype in clover!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Hello.
I will connect to the topic. I have no idea how you manage to install MacOs on your computers.
I have practically the same machine: Z440, 16GB Ram (2x8) E5 2667 v3 CPU and AMD FirePro W2100.
I have already tested various configurations and I can't jump over End randomseed +++++++++++++++
The version I'm trying to install is 10.14.6.
My graphics card may not fully work with this system, but can it stop the installer in this place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back