Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So i'm using my hackintosh laptop for 1,5 week. I installed an SSD from crucial, but booting up and shutting down takes about 20-30 seconds. Even my old PC is faster then that. I tried the trick in this topic which doesn't do anything. I have F.29 BIOS firmware installed. Shouldn't a boot from an SSD take about 7-8 seconds? How can I solve this?

So i'm using my hackintosh laptop for 1,5 week. I installed an SSD from crucial, but booting up and shutting down takes about 20-30 seconds. Even my old PC is faster then that. I tried the trick in this topic which doesn't do anything. I have F.29 BIOS firmware installed. Shouldn't a boot from an SSD take about 7-8 seconds? How can I solve this?

I have a Crucial M4 256GB. OS X boots in about ~15 sec (Chimera to OS X Login).
Have you patched your own DSDT?

BTW, shutting down slow is just an Apple thing. Maybe Cupertino will fix it someday...

I have a Crucial M4 256GB. OS X boots in about ~15 sec (Chimera to OS X Login).
Have you patched your own DSDT?

BTW, shutting down slow is just an Apple thing. Maybe Cupertino will fix it someday...

I wanted to but had no idea what to do with the txt files from your github, or how DSDT editor worked exactly. Some hours ago I looked at the Wiki and found your detailed guide. A bit hard to find to be honest. :) Perhaps put the link to your wiki page in the readme or in your patches topic straight away?

But I did create my own DSDT now and booting time is reduced to 14 seconds. Which is really nice. Thanks once again!

Yeah I noticed a big decrease in boot time after patching my own DSDT as well; everything seems to run much smoother. Rehabman is the shiz!

I had always wondered about the slow shutdown though, but glad to hear Rehabman confirm it's just a normal Apple thing. Now it's one less thing to worry about lol.

a friend of mine got a ssd and he boots up WITHOUT seeing the loading circle,thats crazy fast..
from chimera to login i also need only 10secs-

a friend of mine got a ssd and he boots up WITHOUT seeing the loading circle,thats crazy fast..
from chimera to login i also need only 10secs-

Wow that is really nice and preferably what I want. But hey, what is 15 secs anyway.

I have OCZ Vertex4 256GB installed in my HP ProBook 4330s (running OS X 10.8.2) and it also boots within few seconds, not as fast as macbook air mid 2011 (not seeing spinning wheel at all), but maybe only 1-2 secs slower. CPU is not even crazy fast on my probook, it's i5-2410m.

nothing magical here, installed 10.8, updated to 10.8.2 combo, used hp pb installer for ML, fixed some kexts manually as per tutorials on this forum and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back