3. MacBook Air
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
System OS: High Sierra 10.13.6 on a APFS-formatted M.2

Yes, this is discussed in several versions - but after testing the other solutions, I'm still stucked with the same 3 1/2 minute boot time vs. my previous 20 seconds :-/

Every step in the boot process take more time, and this new "Welcome to Clover 4586 / ...testing hardware... / ...scan entries... / ...user settings..." is really time-consuming :( Also BIOS are slower to get things done (I've run Optimized Settings again) but this is perhaps related to my new Samsung 970 EVO M.2 chip and its APFS-format.

Re-installed Clover r4428, but makes no difference. Also checked out the latest r4617, but still the same procedure. My action before "slowbooting" was simply updating Clover from v2.4 r4428 > v2.4 r4586.

A tip from another build to avoid this was using "debug=false" in the efi/clover/config.plist. Used Clover Configurator (v5.1.4.0) and checked Debug in the Boot section (explained somewhere...).

Attach my Clover folder from system disk EFI and a bootlog if anyone are willing to read and perhaps clarify whats going on :) In advance - thank you for helping!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
  • bootlog.txt
    22.4 KB · Views: 155
A tip from another build to avoid this was using "debug=false" in the efi/clover/config.plist. Used Clover Configurator (v5.1.4.0) and checked Debug in the Boot section (explained somewhere...).
So why didn't you set config.plist/Boot/Debug=false
You should really clean this config.plist, it's a big mess with all those disabled keys (#).

Hi BreBo, and thanks for chiming in.

Ok, if all those keys with # are disabled and unwanted - I'll clear them all out with PlistEdit Pro!

I was in doubt a minute if at all working with the right config.plist file because APFS make different disk number on the root vs. its containers/volumes. The one I sent was within the EFI-folder on my system disk (Hackintosh HS) Volume!?!? See in Clover Configurator that the EFI (its own DiskType format) is a own volume BESIDE the OS disk - not within?!

Tried to mount that EFI partition (disk0s1) to get hold of the (hopefully) correct config.plist file, but not able to mount either with Clover Configurator, EFI Mounter V3 or Terminal :( By the way, Terminal launch - but not able to input commands - see pic.:

Terminal not responsive.png

I would like to attach a list of disk/devices from Terminal, but cannot do for the time being :oops:

So first of all I need a way to get the correct EFI mounted. Is it APFS that makes things act unusual???

Thanks again for helping!

Last edited:
Tried to mount that EFI partition (disk0s1) to get hold of the (hopefully) correct config.plist file, but not able to mount either with Clover Configurator, EFI Mounter V3 or Terminal
Security in macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 has changed.
Mounting the EFI partition now requires sudo.

Use the latest Clover Configurator or use terminal.
Code:
Haswell:~ BreBo$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *250.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh HD            249.2 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk0s3

Haswell:~ BreBo$ sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
Password:
Volume EFI on disk0s1 mounted
Haswell:~ BreBo$

I had the same problem and solved it. What I did is I booted from installation USB. Then installed latest clover configurator. Then mounted EFI. Deleted config.plist. Installed latest Multibeast. Opened newly generated config.plist and unchecked debug under boot section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back