Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690 Creator WiFi
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello nice people, I've received a great help from this forum recently and it's really appreciated! I have one last thing remaining to have a 100% perfect rig. I us a SSD (sandisk ultra II) as my main drive, when the apple logo (after the clover screen) pops up, it takes a little more than a minute to reach the login screen, which is really weird. I've booted in verbose and it hangs on "warning: ioplatformpluginutil: getcpuidinfo: this is unkown CPU model 0x3c …" for the whole minute, then the login screen pops up (picture attached). I thought the CPU wasn't recognized, but it shows perfectly in "about this mac"...
What's going on in there? I thought it was the Karabiner app that was playing tricks, but after uninstall of it, the boot remained as slow...

verbose.jpg

You should disable your Serial port (SuperIO) in your BIOS settings, it may not cure your problem but it needs doing anyway.

Thanx P1LGRIM, didn't pay attention enough, SuperIO disabled, but the speed has not improved. I'll keep diggin'! An older version of Clover might be in cause? (i use r3277, because the recent ones seem to bug my system...)

Thanx P1LGRIM, didn't pay attention enough, SuperIO disabled, but the speed has not improved. I'll keep diggin'! An older version of Clover might be in cause? (i use r3277, because the recent ones seem to bug my system...)

You say that you have disabled the Karabiner app but it is still showing in your screenshot, have you rebuilt cache ?
Or is it an old picture ? If so post a new one.

You say that you have disabled the Karabiner app but it is still showing in your screenshot, have you rebuilt cache ?
Or is it an old picture ? If so post a new one.

Well that's was weird, i uninstalled it, rebooted to check if it helped, it didn't. Rebooted took the screenshot, then when on and reinstall the app (without my french keyboard is a pain in the butt). I did not rebuild the cache, and honestly I wouldn't know how to do it. I did a few more verbose boots, and after its reinstall, the karabiner line shows up before the "unknown cpu model". I frankly never really dwelled in verbose mode before this install because my boots have always been spot on (beginners luck), so i don't know what is a normal process... It always start by these lines :
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices
Using reloc block: hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

No idea if it's normal or not!

It always start by these lines :
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices
Using reloc block: hibernate wake: no

No idea if it's normal or not!

Yes, it's normal but it may help to use OsxAptioFix2Drv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv (installed from Clover).

I was wondering during clover setup, but I didn't dare do differently than what was told in various guides! How do I replace the OsxAptioFixDrv by OsxAptioFix2Drv ? a simple reinstall of clover with only OsxAptioFix2Drv checked? Would it replace the older one completely?

Thanx P1LGRIM, even if all this doesn't fix my slow boot, at least it would make my rig more stable overall!

Figured it out, replaced the OsxAptioFixDrv by the new one, shows that now :
OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no

Still slow boot! I think it'll have to stay like that, which is not a big issue afterall!

Thanx for the tip Gurji, it didn'y make any difference though... Now i'm wondering if it could be a corrupted install. I mean, if the installation of El Capitan went through, but with little mistakes here and there, would it still be functional with glitches ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back