Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z390-P
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Hi all,

Hoping for some insight on my latest build. Currently everything is 95% functional but my boot time is slow (40-50 secs) and it often feels like my hackintosh is not running optimally (occasional slow downs in Logic and Davinci, lagging after sleep). If any experts could check out my EFI and particularly my drivers/kexts, that would be greatly appreciated!

Dan

Attachments

• DD EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 83
  • config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 71
Post a copy of your Bootlog, so we can see what is happening when your system boots.

The Bootlog can be obtained from Clover Configurator or Hackintool app.

Can you provide a copy of the ACPI tables from your system.

These can be obtained as follows:
  • Press F4 key while on the Clover boot screen, tables will be written to the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on your macOS drive.
  • OR
  • Use Hackintool ACPI Dump tool, found on the Utilities tab.
Also confirm which version of macOS you are running.

Hi Ed, thanks a million for your help.

I've attached my ACPI dump (Hackintool) and Bootlog (clover). Please let me know if I've sent the incorrect thing!

I'm currently running 10.15.7. I did a fresh install of 10.15.5 some months ago and upgraded recently. Saw no changes in performance or issues with the upgrade.

Attachments

• DD ACPI Dump.zip
    213.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DD bootlog.txt
    32.7 KB · Views: 72
Ok, I have reviewed the DSDT.aml, Bootlog.txt and made a number of changes, based on these reviews to your CLOVER folder.

Here is a screenshot of your original CLOVER folder.

Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 02.17.59.png

Here is a screenshot of the CLOVER folder I have revised/amended.
Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 02.23.51.png
  1. I have removed a number of empty and unused folders.
  2. I have added a number of SSDT's that are common for a Coffee Lake system, these are present in the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. Most of these were created using your DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime script.
  3. I have removed a number of unnecessary drivers from the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder, they are not used unless you are using FileVault, which your Bootlog tells me you are not using.
  4. I have removed the Intel Ethernet kexts, as your system has a Realtek Ethernet port.
  5. I have added a boot theme - Catalina, which I have named in the revised config.plist.
  6. I have revised your config.plist to include a few additional rename patches, as found in your DSDT.aml. I have removed those your Bootlog said were unused and others that are covered by WhateverGreen.kext.
  7. I have tweaked your Boot arguments, Hide Volumes list, and a few other small tweaks.
  8. The most obvious thing I have changed is the SMBIOS. You were using the iMac Pro 1,1 SMBIOS, which is fine for someone with a CPU that lacks an IGPU. Your i9-9900K has a compatible IGPU, which your config was already injecting properties for. So using a SMBIOS for a system that lacks an IGPU seems wrong. The SMBIOS I have used is the one that best matches your CPU and IGPU, iMac 19,1, as that is the system Apples uses your CPU in.
  9. I checked the new Serial number with Apple Support, it is not being used by a real Mac, so should work with iMessage, iCloud etc. without any issues.
I would suggest you install Clover in UEFI mode, to a spare USB pen drive. Copy the attached CLOVER folder to the EFI folder on the pen drive and see how your system boots with this setup.

Post a copy of the Bootlog once you have booted with the revised CLOVER folder, so I can see if the changes I expected are occurring correctly.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 68
The Bootlog looks more along the lines of what I would expect to see for a Coffee Lake system. All the rename patches are being used, the SSDT's are being loaded successfully.

There are a couple of items that I think still need attention, but I didn't want to throw everything in to one revised folder, as then I wouldn't know what was causing any new issues.

Can you take a photo for the kernel panic screen? If the stop screen doesn't show the cause of the kernel panic, just the final lines of text listing the kexts installed, try videoing the Verbose boot. That might show what is causing the intermittent kernel panic at Boot.

Have you installed any third-party kexts to the /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions folder?

The screenshot below show the contents of my /Library/Extensions (/L/E) folder. Other than the three HP printer kexts, which were installed by a HP application, the folder has not been changed.

Screenshot 2021-01-01 at 15.02.15.png

Does your /L/E folder look similar to this?

Hi Ed, Thanks again for all this.

I've attached a screenshot of the end of the panic. The only extra extensions in Library/Extensions for me are some audio production related ones (interface driver, Soundworks and Soundflower). I also have a Dummy141.kext.

Attachments

• DD Crash Screenshot 1-1-2020.jpg
    DD Crash Screenshot 1-1-2020.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 63
Why are you using the Dummy141.kext? Your system components/devices are supported without the need for any fake kexts.

I would remove the Dummy141.kext, rebuild the kernel cache and repair permissions for the system. Use the tool/icon last on the right, on the Hackintool > Utilities tab, after you have manually removed the kext from /L/E folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back