Contribute
Register

Slow Boot time with Samsung 960 Evo NVME?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a similar issue with long boot times after updating to HS (Samsung 960 pro NVME).

I also get stuck around HID: Legacy shim 2, but I'm getting stuck at: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique):...
After awhile this line will display twice: AppleIntelLpssI2CController::_serviceMatchingTimeSubr: fTimerServiceMatching timed out, fNotifications 0.

I'm still very new to hackintoshes, so apologize in advance if this is obvious.

Boot screenshots & problem reporting files attached.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 391
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 351
  • archive.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
ok guts, it seems a common issue. it's related to trim.
temporary solution (only for those with traditional ssd): sudo trimforce disable
for those, like me, who have a nvme disk, nothing to do for now until apple fixes it. that's because on nvme trim cannot be disable

for those, like me, who have a nvme disk, nothing to do for now until apple fixes it. that's because on nvme trim cannot be disable

You can install on HFS+J instead of APFS.

Hi ,everyone and to the attention of RehabMan.
after the installation of High Sierra through an update, to Samsung 960 EVO NVME, my boot time is very slow as well.it is 40-60s now, My earlier 960 evo nvme ,with 10.12.6,much faster than now,10.13.
booting in verbose, coming and stoping here almost 10 seconds,Here:the verbose screen,preboot.log,efi ,etc.
I understand deeply that it is boring for you so very much, but may I get a help ,slove these question,which due to your benevolence?
Sorry for my poor English ,thanks very much!

Attachments

• IMG_1125.PNG
    IMG_1125.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 338
  • archive.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 100
You can install on HFS+J instead of APFS.
after the installation of High Sierra through an update, to Samsung 960 EVO NVME, my boot time is very slow as well.it is 40-60s now, My earlier 960 evo nvme ,with 10.12.6,much faster than now,10.13.
booting in verbose, coming and stoping here almost 10 seconds,Here:the verbose screen,preboot.log,efi ,etc.
I understand deeply that it is boring for you so very much, but may I get a help ,slove these question,which due to your benevolence?

same situation described in other posts. it hurts even original mac. so we have to wait for apple fix

same situation described in other posts. it hurts even original mac. so we have to wait for apple fix
thank you very much . is there something what I can do now ,which can solve this problem,instead of the long wait....,no dsdt,&ssdt in my system.

thank you very much . is there something what I can do now ,which can solve this problem,instead of the long wait....,no dsdt,&ssdt in my system.

Install to HFS+J instead of APFS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back