Contribute
Register

Slow Boot time with Samsung 960 Evo NVME?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install to HFS+J instead of APFS.
thank you ,
may I have a method or steps in detail according my current system and config without reinstall the system?
thanks!

thank you very much.after used CCC to clone to HSF+,now booting time is 5s,even<5s.谢谢!

... first CCC from 960NVME -> Old 1TB disk ..... -> Then CCC from OLD 1TB back to 960 NVME ... keeps me of the street ;-)

... first CCC from 960NVME -> Old 1TB disk ..... -> Then CCC from OLD 1TB back to 960 NVME ... keeps me of the street ;-)
Very fast?mine also 960 nvme

If you have already converted to APFS, I think some are reporting use CCC to clone to HFS+ works.

Confirmed. But you need to do more then just cloning ;-)
  1. Offload your NVMe by cloning the NVMe content to another SATA Disk or SSD,
  2. Install clover on SATA Disk or SSD,
  3. copy EFI content of NVMe to EFI SATA Disk or SSD,
  4. Check if you can boot correctly from SATA Disk or SSD,
  5. Erase the NVMe and format it as HFS+ while booted from SATA Disk or SSD,
  6. Offload your SATA Disk or SSD by cloning the SATA Disk or SSD content to the NVMe,
  7. Install clover on nVME,
  8. copy EFI content of SATA Disk or SSD to NVMe,
  9. Check if you can boot correctly from NVMe,
  10. Store your old reserve disk in case you have an issue to recover a bricked hack!
I guess you can also use TimeMachine Backups. The good thing of Carbon Copy Cloner is that it also recreates the recovery partition. When the CCC developers will also implement the recreation of EFI, with clover copied, then I will pay for CCC.

.... I have the feeling the graphics are a little more lagging compared to 10.13.0 without supplemental update ...

Yes.
You need to re-extract/re-patch ACPI.
Then avoid making any changes to BIOS options, BIOS version, or installed hardware that would change those addresses... otherwise, you'll need to do it again.

The alternative is to avoid putting patched files in ACPI/patched by patching with Clover config.plist options and additional SSDTs, which is known as "hotpatch."

Can you please elaborate, Im unable to understand what exactly I need to do :?:

same situation described in other posts. it hurts even original mac. so we have to wait for apple fix

Yes, i've a MacBook Pro 11,1 with the 960evo installed and boot time is about one minute. ~20 sec to show apple logo and about 40-50 to boot. Same boot log as shown before. Apart from that, I haven't seen any other issue. Let's hope they'll fix it soon, it's very annoying to wait for boot again (since 2010 i only have ssd boot drives...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back