KGL

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi everyone!

Finally got around to upgrade my El Capitan studio computer to High Sierra with a fresh install, and after two days (almost) everything is now working as it should! There's only two small problems I am facing at the moment:
The first is the MacOs loading time, which is currently just over a minute compared to 10 seconds on El Capitan.

When running -v during boot it seems to hang for around 30 seconds on
Code:
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 3593
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1054
before moving on.

I don't actually need any sound drivers for my system, since I am using my Apollo Twin audio interface for my audio output, but I'm not sure how to remove this or if its related to the issue.

The second issue I face is I cannot seem to enable the Nvidia web drivers by default using boot flags. Every time i boot I have to press spacebar on the High Sierra drive and manually select nvda_drv=1. I've tried adding the flags manually in the config.plist, but that only seems to affect the boot flags under the settings/graphics page, which do not work for me. I know the drivers are working when I boot since the resolution is correct, but I'm not sure if hardware acceleration is enabled. Is there any way to check this?

I've added a copy of my config.plist if someone could please have a look and give me any suggestions for either of these problems, it would be highly appreciated!

My drivers64UEFI folder content:
  • ApfsDriverLoader
  • AppleImageCodec
  • AppleKeyAggregator
  • AppleUITheme
  • AptioMemoryFix
  • DataHubDxe
  • FirmwareVolume
  • FSInject
  • PartitionDxe
  • SMCHelper
  • VBoxHfs
My Kext/Other folder content:
  • FakeSMC

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to add: using a Samsung 960 EVO as a boot drive if that makes a difference!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Clover wiki - Debug

Debug.png

Well that cut my startup time in about half, thanks! The "Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1054" is still what takes the majority of the boot time, is there any way to further improve this?
Disable onboard Audio in BIOS settings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back