Graphics
EVGA GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello. With yosemite I have slow performance with my SSD Samsung Pro 850.
With 10.9.5 my results was about 500mb/s in write and read, but now with 10.10 I have 150mb/s in write and about 350mb/s in read

What is the problem? :(

Sorry, I forget to say that I have Marvell 88se9128 (listed also in AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext from multibeast). In system information I see Generic AHCI controller :(

Take a look to my screenshot

Attachments

• ssd.png
    ssd.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 608
Actually I'm running trim enabler patch from tony's multibeast tool.
I'll try to benchmark my ssd with a new fresh installation of yosemite.

What trim enabler are you using?

View attachment 109249 same problem too, and i have trim enabled, but everything is the same slow, ****ing apple, i want my 500mb/s back :evil:

EDIT: enable with TRIM Enabler Trim and work some hours, one minute to another the benchmark tool will tell you the old speeds, but it needs some dozen minutes after you turned TRIM on :)

I saw that you solved your problem but I always get kinda bemused at statements like "****ing apple" when it comes to hackintoshing. This isn't apple's fault. To top it off I see you're running in a virtual environment? Can I just put that statement down to frustration? :p

Hey All. I too am experiencing poor SSD read / write speeds on my Samsung 850 Pro. I have TRIM enabled through multibeast 7.1.1. I also believe that the read / write speeds for my WD Caviar Black 1tb HD are abnormally low as well. Anyone have any insight as to what may be causing the poor performance? Would using the Cindori trim enabler instead of the multibeast one help?

black magic test results:

Samsung 850 Pro:
Write: 254.6 MB/s
Read: 271.4 MB/s

WD Caviar Black
Write: 75.3 MB/s
Read: 70.6 MB/s

Attachments

• 850 PRO DiskSpeedTest.png
    850 PRO DiskSpeedTest.png
    740.6 KB · Views: 353
  • Screenshot 2015-01-17 16.26.22.png
    Screenshot 2015-01-17 16.26.22.png
    236.9 KB · Views: 372
  • WD CAVIAR BLACK DiskSpeedTest.png
    WD CAVIAR BLACK DiskSpeedTest.png
    730.8 KB · Views: 265
  • Screenshot 2015-01-17 16.26.26.png
    Screenshot 2015-01-17 16.26.26.png
    218.8 KB · Views: 289
  • Screenshot 2015-01-17 16.26.41.png
    Screenshot 2015-01-17 16.26.41.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 301
I am using a Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/240G 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD).

My Disk speeds are attached. Is this about normal for this drive?

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest.png
    DiskSpeedTest.png
    737.7 KB · Views: 420
I am using a Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/240G 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD).

My Disk speeds are attached. Is this about normal for this drive?

definitely slower than the advertised speeds on the manufacture's website.

Hoping someone has an answer :)

View attachment Disk Speed Test Manual.pdf
definitely slower than the advertised speeds on the manufacture's website.

Hoping someone has an answer :)

It uses the Sandforce controller which was the favoured option a couple of years ago when building a hack because there was no need to use a Trim app as the Sandforce controller has its own very good garbage collection built in. At the time SanDisk SSDs were in the buyers guide - I bought one at the time, but at the time most available apps didn't work in a way that favoured Sandforce controllers. Still the SSDs performed well in real life and users were happy.

The problem with benchmarking Apps is that they measure performance in certain ways using certain compression methods to attain these benchmark speeds. You cannot actually accurately measure different memory types with different controllers on a level playing field - there will always be 'winners and losers' according to the criteria applied. There is no home use App that works well with the Sandforce controller to address the issue. Black Magic Design make this point on page 6 of the Black magic Speed test manual. Go to the settings icon on the app (above the start button)and select 'About Disk Speed test'

The Kingston model that you have is from a big brand - it is offered for sale at a price that is much more attractive than the Samsung 840Evo, 840Pro and most other big brand competition. If it loads the OS and applications quickly then I would be happy at the overall performance. Performance speed tests often create more questions than they actually answer. That being said your NTSC write speed is 286 and read is 304 - the analogue dials do not show peak speed either. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back