Contribute
Register

Sleeping problems (ASUS Prime Z370-A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Do you think this would work for my current heardware config?

MSI Z370i Pro Gaming Carbon
Intel i3-8100
Gigabyte RX 460 4GB

I have it working but using all the old patches. I'd like to try this "new" way of patching but not sure if it's universal or just for this OP's board?

USB should work, just use last version of USBInjectAll + USB ports limit patch for 10.13.6 #115
For iGPU you can try use new method with last versions of the kexts. see this post #131 But you need to figure how to setup it for your intel HD 4000

For iGPU you can try use new method with last versions of the kexts. see this post #131 But you need to figure how to setup it for your intel HD 4000

I have the Intel i3-8100 which has the Intel® UHD Graphics 630.

How could I actually test if my iGPU is working? I have HW acceleration according to MacX, Intel Gadget Pro, and even VDADecoder tells me its working BUT I actually never saw the graph from Intel Gadget Pro bump. It's always straight line making me think that its not working at all. I see on your attached photos you even reach 1.2GHz.

How could I actually test if my iGPU is working? I have HW acceleration according to MacX, Intel Gadget Pro, and even VDADecoder tells me its working BUT I actually never saw the graph from Intel Gadget Pro bump. It's always straight line making me think that its not working at all. I see on your attached photos you even reach 1.2GHz.
It depends of load. Not all apps supported hardware H264 encoding. Try to encode video with QuicktimeX to 4k h265 encoding to load it to 1.2Ghz. Also my 1.2Ghz screenshots where taken with old igfxfw=1 method (GuC iGPU microcode) it is not supported in new versions of the kexts because it affects system stability.

Last edited:

Try Compute benchmark of Geekbench 4.

Hi,
Do you think this would work for my current heardware config?

MSI Z370i Pro Gaming Carbon
Intel i3-8100
Gigabyte RX 460 4GB

I have it working but using all the old patches. I'd like to try this "new" way of patching but not sure if it's universal or just for this OP's board?

What do you mean with old patches? (you mean the beast method?)
The patching with pure Clover is universal you just need to learn some things in order to use it :)

Since my sleep is working perfectly for some months now, I wanted to try wake-on-lan.
The wake works by default if I tick the checkbox in the system preferences. The Problem is that sometimes the Hackintosh starts without any reason.

So I tried to solve this and had an idea, which is pretty simple and hacky:

I bought a RaspberryPi Zero W board and connected it through the data port to an USB on my Machine. Now the hacky thing is that you can just ssh into it and execute "sudo reboot" and the Hackintosh will wake.
It doesn't work with the power port of the board, it has to be the data one. Maybe this would also work with a regular Pi board but then you would need a USB-to-USB cable which costs as much as the PI itself^^

I'm using the fact that I DIDN'T declare the port of the PI as internal in my USB-SSDT.

Just wanted to share this in case somebody want's to WOL his Hackintosh :)

Hi, I successfully built my first hackintosh :)
Components:
ASUS Prime Z370-A
i7 8700K
Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD
BIOS:

CSM: Disabled

Hi Bob,

I have also built a system with the Prime Z370-A MoBo, however, I cannot get past the initial Unibeast screen to actually install the OS.

If I disable CSM, the motherboard does not see the drives (except the USB), so no SSD, no NVMe, and Unibeast shows the apple logo and the system gets stuck forever (or to ~3 hours of my patience).
If I enable CSM, than I can see the drives in BIOS (still not in Unibeast), I get the Apple logo for a few seconds before the system reboots into Unibeast again.

Can you share the solution and how you got Unibeast to install the OS?

Hi Bob,

I have also built a system with the Prime Z370-A MoBo, however, I cannot get past the initial Unibeast screen to actually install the OS.

If I disable CSM, the motherboard does not see the drives (except the USB), so no SSD, no NVMe, and Unibeast shows the apple logo and the system gets stuck forever (or to ~3 hours of my patience).
If I enable CSM, than I can see the drives in BIOS (still not in Unibeast), I get the Apple logo for a few seconds before the system reboots into Unibeast again.

Can you share the solution and how you got Unibeast to install the OS?

I didn't install it with the ***beast method. So I have no idea what's going on in your case. But i would guess that your RAM is slotted the wrong way.

I didn't install it with the ***beast method. So I have no idea what's going on in your case. But i would guess that your RAM is slotted the wrong way.

Thanks for the quick answer.
The BIOS sees both RAM modules correctly, they are in A2 and B2 as per the manual, they pass the start-up test as well.

I am absolutely new to this: how do you install without ****beast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back