Contribute
Register

Sleep/Wake USB problem - mouse/keyboard not working after sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77X-U5DH - F14 UEFI - Clover
CPU
i7-3770K OC 4.0 GHz
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey. I have another problem with my brand new hackintosh. When it goes to sleep(or when I do it manually) and I'm waking it up by powerbutton or mouse, doesnt matter, mouse and keyboard stops working. Dash in password field is flashing, but cant move cursor or type anything, and after few seconds it goes to sleep once again. Only way to get it working again is hard reset. Anyone maybe experienced this weird thing? My config is Z77X-UD5H with the newest Mountain Lion. Would love to get some help. Wojt

I have the same problem. Any help would be great! My wife is driving me nuts complaining about it...

Reconnecting devices makes them work, but also it does not matter if im using USB2 or USB3 ports at all.

i think i fixed it. I upgreated bios from rev.7 to rev.14, the newest from gigabyte site. Also I put Legacy USB Support to Auto in Bios. Spottty - try this, and let me know if it works for you too. All best

OK, problem not solved:/ on bios rev.14 its not going to sleep and theres problem with shutdown. It all work when theres second DVI monitor connected and usb-pendrive is inside port. When I plug out those 2, and only display port monitor stays, its not going to sleep and cant shut it down. Just black screen and fans are working. I have to press power button longer, and turn it off manually. Tried rev.8 but same problems - USB not working after sleep. anyone?:/

Let me share my observations.

I made it work, I have Z68XP, Legacy USB enabled, no Sleep kext, everything worked fine till yesterday. Yesterday I bought Thermaltake Soprano case and, of course, immediately moved in there:)

So, it has USB 3.0 ports on front panel, and I connected it to motherboard. Plus, when changing my SSD/HDD I messed up SATA ports and switched them visa versa: SSD to SATA1/HDD to SATA0. I was lazy enough to switch them back again so I just changed boot priority in BIOS. And... my sleep didn't work anymore. Well, it slept, but didn't wake my USB ports my keyboard and Bluetooth dongle were connected to. What was odd, my USB WiFi worked well, I could see it, but even reconnecting the keyboard didn't work for keyboard.

So, I unplugged USB 3.0 front panel from mobo (anyway, I don't have 3.0 devices and my OS doesn't see the ports), and switched boot SSD back to SATA0 and everything worked out! I can't say which step of mentioned above did the trick, but I presume you can try both, if you're so ****ed up as you describe in your posts:)

Hope, it'll help you.

Hey. I have another problem with my brand new hackintosh. When it goes to sleep(or when I do it manually) and I'm waking it up by powerbutton or mouse, doesnt matter, mouse and keyboard stops working. Dash in password field is flashing, but cant move cursor or type anything, and after few seconds it goes to sleep once again. Only way to get it working again is hard reset. Anyone maybe experienced this weird thing? My config is Z77X-UD5H with the newest Mountain Lion. Would love to get some help. Wojt

The solution is a lot simpler that you think..

• Enter your UEFI BIOS
  • Go to MIT-Advanced Frequency Settings > Advanced CPU Core Features > Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage
  • Set this to Disabled otherwise you will lose all USB devices on wake

I discovered this solutions a few months back but the credit goes to Technical Bear blogspot for this tip :thumbup:

The solution is a lot simpler that you think..

• Enter your UEFI BIOS
  • Go to MIT-Advanced Frequency Settings > Advanced CPU Core Features > Internal CPU PLL Overvoltage
  • Set this to Disabled otherwise you will lose all USB devices on wake

I discovered this solutions a few months back but the credit goes to Technical Bear blogspot for this tip :thumbup:

I can happily confirm this, I hadn't found a stable or useful solution for 18 months and the problem had been here all the way through to the Mavericks build I've got running now, so thank you, I now have something I can call stable and flawless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back