Contribute
Register

Sleep/Wake solved on ASRock z68 motherboards (Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to get wake to work on my extreme3 gen3...I got Toleda's AppleHDA for ALC892 to work Deckert but it didnt fix my wake issue. (it did however improve audio so thanks :D!)

It's the strangest thing though, when it goes to sleep it wakes itself back up after about 3 seconds...when probing through the logs for wake reason i only get "wake reason: ?" thats real helpful lol.

I'm beginning to think it may require a DSDT edit...I'll be more than happy to upload mine if someone needs it for this mobo, wake is the only thing that does not work.

Well more progress on the issue, I uninstalled lnx2mac's network drivers for and installed the official Realtek network drivers, this fixed the issue of it coming out of sleep instantly.

However now it will not wake, I'm researching the UHCI and EHCI DSDT edits needed but my DSDT does not have entries like it mentions (USB0, USB1...) so I do not know where to place these edits...

At any rate its progress, and I'll post back here since its such an ASRock z68 motherboard. I'll upload my complete DSDT when I find the solution...the wake issue is the only the last piece of the puzzle.

Internal PLL Overvoltage ---------------- Disabled

I cannot find this option in my BIOS settings (Asrock Z68 Pro3-M), but did follow the steps in the first post. Sleep/wake works perfectly.

I'm on Lion 10.7.3 and I use this Perl script to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=2543

songuke said:
Internal PLL Overvoltage ---------------- Disabled

I could not find this setting in my BIOS either songuke. Thanks for the patch link!

Does not work properly on an Asrock Z68 Pro3 Gen3. Goes to sleep, wakes but then I have a spinning wheel (the grey one like at boot time) which just goes on indefinitely.

kernel.log states:

Code:
Apr  1 13:09:08 Powermac kernel[0]: Wake reason: EUSB
Apr  1 13:09:08 Powermac kernel[0]: Unsynchronized  TSC for cpu 1: 0x00000000e6b0adfa, delta 0x9bef0c16
Apr  1 13:09:08 Powermac kernel[0]: Unsynchronized  TSC for cpu 2: 0x00000000e6e40c70, delta 0x9bef0c34
Apr  1 13:09:08 Powermac kernel[0]: Unsynchronized  TSC for cpu 3: 0x00000000e717709e, delta 0x9bef0c36
Apr  1 13:09:08 Powermac kernel[0]: USB (EHCI):Port 1 on bus 0x1d has remote wakeup from some device

System spec:

i5 2500k CPU
ATI 6850 GPU

Hi,

Board: Asrock Z68 Pro3

I already patched the Speedstep, did all BIOS settings, deleted NullCPUPowerManagement and configured my DSDT.

But i can't wake up from sleep! Going to sleep works fine, but the wakeup doesn't work.

Hope someone could help me and look over my setting, the files are attached.

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• SMBios.plist
    627 bytes · Views: 269
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    802 bytes · Views: 277
  • DSDT.aml
    29.2 KB · Views: 135
schoenling said:
Hi,

Board: Asrock Z68 Pro3

I already patched the Speedstep, did all BIOS settings, deleted NullCPUPowerManagement and configured my DSDT.

But i can't wake up from sleep! Going to sleep works fine, but the wakeup doesn't work.

Hope someone could help me and look over my setting, the files are attached.

Thank you very much.
Hi,try with VoodooTSCSync.kext http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/voodo ... downloads/

Everything works perfect here (so far).I have a patched bios for my board
plus the Bios/DSDT edits from this post and sleep/wake works without any additional
Kexts like VoodooTSCSync.
To get more than 2 pStates using the model identifier imac 12.2
you need to patch the stepper program.It's all explained in my little guide.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=34583&p=217384#p217384

Doesn't work properly on ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 with the patched BIOS from http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... S&start=50 . It boots, reboots and shuts down fine.
Sleep probably works- at least, the monitor and fans all shut off, but waking up there is no gfx (using HD3000 with the DVI), so can't tell - fans and drives come awake and speed up so I assume it wakes. Now if I can just get the HD3000 back when it wakes. Any suggestions, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back