Contribute
Register

Sleep/Wake solved on ASRock z68 motherboards (Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I have an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 mobo and am trying to get sleep to work on it. I was just wondering if the Speedstep patch been updated to 10.7.3?

At any rate, sleep/wake is the only thing I have left to have a fully functional hackintosh!

Thanks guys

raistlin444 said:
Hey guys, I have an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 mobo and am trying to get sleep to work on it. I was just wondering if the Speedstep patch been updated to 10.7.3?

At any rate, sleep/wake is the only thing I have left to have a fully functional hackintosh!

Thanks guys

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... try1776257

Thanks wfj! I actually found that the other night and applied the patch successfully.

I have an ASRock Z68 Pro3-M and I can't get this to work. Any help would be appreciated. I'm wondering if its because I have an i3?

jmdermer said:
I have an ASRock Z68 Pro3-M and I can't get this to work. Any help would be appreciated. I'm wondering if its because I have an i3?

I have a Z68 Pro3-M as well, with an i5 2500k, and I have sleep working via this thread.

Attached is my DSDT, I don't think the different CPUs, i3 vs i5, should affect it if you want to try it.
I extracted it via a Linux live CD, I then applied the patch for the Z68 Pro3-M via DSDTEditor from here(registration required), followed by the patch for the HDEF audio from here and the edits from the first post in this thread.

Also attached is a perl script, and patch files for 10.7.(0-2), 10.7.3 and 10.8, for patching AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to enable speedstep. Not sure if I found this on tonymac, insanelymac or elsewhere anymore.

I'm not using an SSDT, as mentioned in the first post, at all.

Attachments

• patch_aicpupm-v1.0.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 137
  • DSDT.aml
    29.1 KB · Views: 163
Thanks for the continued help guys!

I got AICPUM working with the help of the 10.7.3 speedstep patch. Everything else is going awesome, however when I enter sleep it's broken by AppleHDAController.

Exact message "AppleHDAController::setPowerState(0xffff..random address).
and right above that it usually disables all Kexts and Kext requests..

I did some more research and found that AppleHDAController is actually inside of the AppleHDA kext and it of course deals with the sound.

So my next course of action was to try different audio kext, I found a VoodooHDA kext for my ALC892 and installed it however the sleep just completely stopped working when using that.

I'm just trying to figure out what to do next, and it honestly seems like patching AppleHDA.kext would be my best course of action.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Also does anyone have a DSDT.aml for the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3?

deckert said:
jmdermer said:

I have a Z68 Pro3-M as well, with an i5 2500k, and I have sleep working via this thread.

Attached is my DSDT, I don't think the different CPUs, i3 vs i5, should affect it if you want to try it.
I extracted it via a Linux live CD, I then applied the patch for the Z68 Pro3-M via DSDTEditor from here(registration required), followed by the patch for the HDEF audio from here and the edits from the first post in this thread.

Also attached is a perl script, and patch files for 10.7.(0-2), 10.7.3 and 10.8, for patching AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to enable speedstep. Not sure if I found this on tonymac, insanelymac_ or elsewhere anymore.

I'm not using an SSDT, as mentioned in the first post, at all.

You are the man! This totally did the trick thank you so much! Just got a couple of questions. I see your using the MacPro5,1 SMBIOS. I am now using it too but in order to do so I had to delete the AppleTyMCE kext otherwise I'd KP on boot. I was wondering if you had to as well. Also, out of curiosity are you using USB 3 with your board? Thanks so much! Also, to those looking up this board I had to launch the post-setup process with PCIRootUID=0 or it would be super sluggish. After using UserDSDT I no longer have to do this which is interesting because it sets PCIRootUID to 1.

jmdermer said:
I see your using the MacPro5,1 SMBIOS. I am now using it too but in order to do so I had to delete the AppleTyMCE kext otherwise I'd KP on boot. I was wondering if you had to as well. Also, out of curiosity are you using USB 3 with your board? Thanks so much!

Yes I needed to delete AppleTyMCE.kext to prevent kernel panics, I think this is necessary for anyone using MacPro4,1 or macPro5,1.

I do use the usb3 ports, though not with any usb3 devices I just needed the extra ports.
Just installed the usb3 stuff in multibeast and they worked.

Thank you, mate!

For me with ASRock Z68 Pro3-M, i5-2405S and Gigabyte HD6450 works perfectly. :)
Now the system can wake up from when the display is in sleep, or the full computer.
Until now I had to disable sleep and use screensaver also be awake not to forget to turn off the display. :p

Thanks again :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back