Contribute
Register

Sleep/Wake solved on ASRock z68 motherboards (Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kevinvong said:
Hi Walgus
Please help
My system
Asrock Fatal1ty professional gen3 bios p1.30
intel 2600k 16 gb ram
hd5870
Lion 10.7.2 with easy beast
setting bios with your instruction download your DSDT.aml and placed in extra folder
reboot and booting fine download Apply the speedstep patcher for the AICPM 10.7.2 and delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from system/library/extensions
reboot and the system will not boot can you help what i did wrong please

Can you boot with the -v flag and take a picture with your cellphone camera or any other camera you got and post it back so i can look into it? thanks.

FTD0910 said:
3. Apply the speedstep patcher for the AICPM 10.7.2 and delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, repair permissions and rebuild kext cache. Reboot!

Does the speedstep automatically patch or does this have to be done through terminal?

It has to be done through terminal like explained on the speedstepper thread:

Code:
sudo bash;

./speedstepper /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Good Afternoon Walgus
Thank you for the reply
i didnot apply the speedstep patcher for the AICPM through terminal
i will reinstall lion
can i copy and paste ?

sudo bash;

./speedstepper /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

after execute the download version of speedstep patcher from the link.
and sorry for my bad enghlish and i very new to this hackingtosh stuff

i will try to do this way first and will post the result
can wait to try it out after work
again thank you for your help Walgus

HI Walgus
i couldn't get it to work
spend time reading the speedstteper thread over insanely mac forum
can you upload your patched version of AICPM kext and i try ti install it with kext beast or kext until
please help Walgus
thank you

kevinvong said:
HI Walgus
i couldn't get it to work
spend time reading the speedstteper thread over insanely mac forum
can you upload your patched version of AICPM kext and i try ti install it with kext beast or kext until
please help Walgus
thank you

Sure, i've attached it. works only on 10.7.2, when 10.7.3 comes out a new patch would be needed.

Also, make sure you dont have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in either /Extra/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions directories, if you have it installed (multibeast usually installs it) then you need to get rid of it. Don't forget to rebuild the cache, you can use kext wizzard for kext installing and cache rebuilding.

Attachments

• AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.zip
    144.2 KB · Views: 127
Hi Walgus
you did it
i follow your instruction and made it work
thank to you again and again and to this tonymac86 website
:D :D just have a new born baby girl and a full working hackingtosh sososo happy

Walgus said:
Sure, there you go, make sure you update your bios version to 1.30 through InstantFlash and then place the DSDT.aml in your Extra Folder and you should be all set.
Hi, Walgus!

Something wrong with ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 (BIOS 1.30).

I made "your" Fatalil1ty's DSDT fixes to my "Z68_E7_G3" DSDT, but mobo don't wake from sleep properly - freeeezy then hang or reboot. Win7 sleep/wake OK.

What very strange is that with "cpus=1" boot flag Lion sleep/wake well.

My previous mobo (Sabertooth P67 - died!) worked without issues on installed Lion 10.7.2, i.e. it's a well-tested installation without issues (worked since Lion released!).

What vs default BIOS settings you had changed? In which PCI slot your GFX? I can't find a root of issue. Have to look at your ioreg also, PM me plz. And drop original Z68 Fatal1ty Pro Gen3 DSDT to see diff. :crazy:

I've sucessfully recompiled my DSL and placed the AML in the /Extra/ folder as DSDT.aml.

When I run the speed_stepper_lion_1072 executable, I get the following result message:

Last login: Sat Feb 11 14:06:48 on console
Name-Mac-Pro-2:~ Name$ /Users/Name/Downloads/speed_stepper_lion_1072 ; exit;
SpeedStepper v1.2 - (c) flAked 2011
for AICPUPM v167.0.0 - Lion 10.7.2

Usage: ./speedstepper binary
logout

[Process completed]

================

I can't run another command in that window, so do I open a new Terminal window to run the command:

sudo bash;

I'm not strong on Terminal and need help.

Thanks!

water_cooling_man said:
I've sucessfully recompiled my DSL and placed the AML in the /Extra/ folder as DSDT.aml.

When I run the speed_stepper_lion_1072 executable, I get the following result message:

Last login: Sat Feb 11 14:06:48 on console
Name-Mac-Pro-2:~ Name$ /Users/Name/Downloads/speed_stepper_lion_1072 ; exit;
SpeedStepper v1.2 - (c) flAked 2011
for AICPUPM v167.0.0 - Lion 10.7.2

Usage: ./speedstepper binary
logout

[Process completed]

================

I can't run another command in that window, so do I open a new Terminal window to run the command:

sudo bash;

I'm not strong on Terminal and need help.

Thanks!

Disregard. I studied up on Dot-Slash commands (Google for "About the Use of Dot-Slash in Commands") and realized I needed to rename the downloaded executable to "speedstepper" from its downloaded name and run the command above against "speedstepper". That gave me the successful patching confirmation. Thanks again for the great work on this everybody!

Thanks for this info :clap:

I have a Z68 Pro3-M (1.60 bios) running Lion using MacPro5,1 system definition and pretty much have everything working now:
Audio - Toleda 892 kext + HDEF DSDT edit
GPU - GTX460 AGPM edit + OpenCL patch
LAN - Lnx2Mac RTL81xx (haven't tested since updating to 10.7.3 but is detected fine)
WIFI - Broadcom BCM94321 + PCI-E adapter works OOB

Sleep and SpeedStep now working thanks to this thread :headbang: :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back