Contribute
Register

Sleep/Wake solved on ASRock z68 motherboards (Lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock z68 Fatal1ty Professional Gen3
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 570 HD
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Finally after a lot of hair pulling i managed to get full working sleep/wake on my z68 asrock motherboard under lion. Restart and shutdown were working properly without the need of any modification/kext/dsdt/etc.

My system specs:
CPU: i5 2500k
Mobo: ASRock FATAL1TY z68 Professional Gen3

I know, i took an step forward and written such thread title having seen a few dsdt's from different asrock z68 boards, their WAK method are almost equal on all of them, so this should be working on others ASRock z68 boards.

1. The first thing to check are these bios settings, ensure you have set them as below:
Code:
Internal PLL Overvoltage ---------------- Disabled
No-Execute Memory Protection ------------ Enabled (thanks to williamzorak's post on this one [url]http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=261663&view=findpost&p=1725115[/url])
SpeedStep Technology -------------------- Enabled
Primary Graphics ------------------------ PCI-Express (if you have a discrete graphics card)

2. DSDT edit, most important step. Thanks to hk93 for exposing that debug info! :p
2.1 Search for this line in the WAK method:
Code:
\_SB.PCI0.SBRG.SIOW (Arg0)

2.2 Delete that line, recompile the DSL and place the AML in the /Extra/ folder as DSDT.aml

3. Apply the speedstep patcher for the AICPM 10.7.2 and delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, repair permissions and rebuild kext cache. Reboot!

4. At this point you should be having a full working sleep/wake. Please don't forget to post your results if you have followed these steps!

Big thanks to Mald0n and flAked for their valuable input i got from them by reading dozens of posts at insanelymac.

Obs. 1: I'm not sure if having an SSDT with the processor turbo states helps on this but i worked on mine and i have it set on my extra folder even though the speedstep isn't really working on lion using imac12,2 definition (tested with MSRdumper, only 2 p-states reaching 16 and 48) as this is apparently a bug in the AICPUPM itself, according to what i read on the speedstep thread.

Obs 2: On my board z68-professional-gen3 i have no issues post wake up, everything works as expected (lan/video/mouse/keyboard) no slowdowns or flickering as reported on other mobo brands. One keystroke/click and my system wakes up in less than 5 seconds. Will be posting later my DSDT for this board.

Thanks for the guide!

I have an ASRock Z68 Extreme4. I followed (most) of these steps, and sleep does seem to be working for the first time.

This was my first time messing with DSDT's, so it's likely I didn't do everything correctly. The only patches I applied were the motherboard's and ALC892 audio. One place where I was confused was what to do after running speedstepper & updating kextcache. I didn't do anything afterwards, like mess with MSRDumper (I don't really understand what that does).

LAN, USB & bluetooth keyboards, USB mouse, graphics, and sound all seem to work fine. I'm not sure why, but all my internal hard drives are being treated as external hard drives.

Also, my Geekbench score went down from 8556 to 8121… Does this mean I did something wrong? Should I have applied more patches to my DSDT?

Thanks again

questadilla said:
Thanks for the guide!

I have an ASRock Z68 Extreme4. I followed (most) of these steps, and sleep does seem to be working for the first time.

This was my first time messing with DSDT's, so it's likely I didn't do everything correctly. The only patches I applied were the motherboard's and ALC892 audio. One place where I was confused was what to do after running speedstepper & updating kextcache. I didn't do anything afterwards, like mess with MSRDumper (I don't really understand what that does).

LAN, USB & bluetooth keyboards, USB mouse, graphics, and sound all seem to work fine. I'm not sure why, but all my internal hard drives are being treated as external hard drives.

Also, my Geekbench score went down from 8556 to 8121… Does this mean I did something wrong? Should I have applied more patches to my DSDT?

Thanks again

Glad you got sleep/wake working on the Extreme4, can you attach the original DSDT and the patched one? i do have a few other DSDT modifications i ported from another asrock z68 dsdt mald0n patched a while ago, though i'm not sure if they would help with the geekbench score but it doesn't hurt to try.

Also, are you using an SSDT_PR (processor states) for your i5-2500k? if not you may want to look at that too, though it's some deep stuff with lot's of hex conversion to do but worth a try. Here is a modified SSDT_PR for the i5-2500k with a max turbo state set to 4.4ghz (multiplier/busratio = 44).

MSRDumper is just a tool to check if os x is changing between the different p-states you got in your SSDT_PR and bios max ratio setting, eg. for an i5-2500k the lowest p-state is 1600mhz (bus ratio 16) and it can go up to 6000mhz (bus ratio 60) if you have it set on the bios and is covered by the SSDT_PR. This change in bus ratio helps you save power and keeps the cpu cool if you aren't using any cpu intensive app. More about this on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedStep

Great, this work for me....

Lion 10.7.2
Asrock Fatal1ty professional gen3
Intel i5 2500K
16 GB
2X Nvidia GTX 470 (SLI)

Hi Walgus
i have the same board running
Lion 10.7.2
Asrock Fatal1ty professional gen3 with easybeast
is it posible that you could upload your working DSDT.aml
so that i can try it out PLease Please

kevinvong said:
Hi Walgus
i have the same board running
Lion 10.7.2
Asrock Fatal1ty professional gen3 with easybeast
is it posible that you could upload your working DSDT.aml
so that i can try it out PLease Please

Sure, there you go, make sure you update your bios version to 1.30 through InstantFlash and then place the DSDT.aml in your Extra Folder and you should be all set.

Attachments

• DSDT_ASRock_Fatal1ty_Professional_Gen3_BiosVersion_1.30.aml.zip
    11.9 KB · Views: 256
thank you Walgus
i will follow the instruction and will post my result

Cool, it works for me....

Lion 10.7.2
Asrock Z68 Pro-3-M
Intel i5 2500K
8 GB DDR3@1333Mhz

Thank you so much!

3. Apply the speedstep patcher for the AICPM 10.7.2 and delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, repair permissions and rebuild kext cache. Reboot!

Does the speedstep automatically patch or does this have to be done through terminal?

Hi Walgus
Please help
My system
Asrock Fatal1ty professional gen3 bios p1.30
intel 2600k 16 gb ram
hd5870
Lion 10.7.2 with easy beast
setting bios with your instruction download your DSDT.aml and placed in extra folder
reboot and booting fine download Apply the speedstep patcher for the AICPM 10.7.2 and delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from system/library/extensions
reboot and the system will not boot can you help what i did wrong please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back