i7-8770K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi gang. I'm posting a help request after lots of research on the existing threads. Like many others, I'm having Sleep and Wake issues. Thanks in advance for helping a fellow Hackintosher.

Same hardware since January 2019, but recently updated to macOS 10.14.6 after several weeks of ignoring the recent updates. I used the combo update downloaded directly, not via Mac App Store, and went through all the multiple resets. Ran the latest version of Multibeast with basic settings. Everything works except sleep/wake — audio, video, network, USB, is all fine.

My system will shut down and go to sleep on command, but won't wake from sleep. The system lights come back and the fan spurts for a moment, but the screens never flip on. Sometimes, the system will restart on its own, but most often I have to hit the manual reset button (which my case has.)

In the past, I've corrected this by adding darkwake=0 to the boot variables, but this seems to have no effect lately. I downloaded the latests kexts and tried to delete com.apple.PowerManagement.plist file(s) from /Library/Preferences, but none of that worked. Still having sleep/wake problems.

At this point I really can't see what else I can do and I'm at your collective mercy. Is there a setting I'm enabling, which shouldn't? Do I need to add/remove a file? Something to do with Hibernate functions? I'll happily admit my ignorance, even as a Hackintosher of 7+ years across two systems.

Attached is my config.plist from my current EFI folder, as well as the entire EFI.

Hardware is as follows:
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z370
  • Processor: Intel i7-8700K
  • Video card: MSI Radeon RX570 Amor
  • Main system HD: Samsung 970 PRO NVMe SSD (M.2)
  • Other HDs: 2x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III
  • Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 RAM

Attachments

• config-20190921-2156.plist
    2.8 KB · Views: 121
  • EFI-20190921-2156.zip
    22.6 MB · Views: 94
In recent versions of Clover the folder structure has changed.
Your /EFI/CLOVER/ folder contains both the old scheme and the new one.

Some things that you might try :
In config.plist Acpi Fixes enable FixShutdown.
In config.plist SMBIOS enable Trust.

Install EmuVariableUefi.efi.

Thanks for the reply, @P1LGRIM — I made the updates:

Acpi > ✅FixShutdown
SMBIOS > ✅Trust
Drivers > Drivers UEFI64 > ✅EmuVariableUefi (now installed)

... but the same problem persists. Can't wake the system from sleep, or it restarts itself.

Any ideas? Should I delete some old stuff no longer used? (by the way, I'm running Clover Configurator 5.5.0.0 and Clover 4934)

Managed to solve the problem (at least based on initial field tests). The solution, it seems, was very simple.
  1. Back to basics — I referred back to the original article which inspired this build, and reloaded my motherboard settings.
  2. Then, I hopped back into Clover Configurator and unchecked Acpi > [ ] FixShutdown, as well as added Darkwake=8 to boot. I had it set to 0 for whatever reason.

So far so good. Thanks for your time folks. cc @P1LGRIM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back