CPU
i3 7100
Graphics
Msi GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, I’ve heard that the gt 1030 is working great in hackintosh builds, so I went ahead and got myself one. I can boot fine with it, play games, and everything else seems normal except one thing: it still can’t sleep. I’ve got the latest drivers, and I’m on 10.12.6. I’ve tried reading and watching videos about fixing sleep issues but I can’t find anything that’s worked. Whenever I try to wake it from sleep it has to reboot, which takes longer than I’d like to wait for to use it.

This is a perfect hackintosh, except it just can’t wake up properly. So, any help with this would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

First would be interesting if that happens for all available gpus (perhaps you upgraded to 1030?) or you dont know because
its the first set of MB+GPU and you can not know if that sleep/wake up also happens with all other gpus - in this case its an DSDT problem / ACPI fix needed perhaps.

I dont have any Sleep / wake Probs with my GT 1030 (an Gigabyte) running 10.12.6.
I made screenshoot of my EFI folder kext usage (GA-Z77 MB)
My Fakesmc.kext has no GPUSensor.kext and i not using any nvida specific Lilu plugin.
I use NvidiaWebDrivers.
In Clover i only use one ACPI fix:
<key>Fixes</key>
<dict>
<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
<true/>
</dict>
no other Clover fixes used and no dsdt.aml used.

First i would check if there are some .kext in Clover which are not really needed and may interact with the gpu.

I dont inject Nvdia in Clover, only set <key>NvidiaWeb</key> <true/>.
Maybe smbios Mac Type may also be an check (for change). I use iMac13,2.

GA-EP35:~ andreasm$ pmset -g log | grep -i failure
GA-EP35:~ andreasm$ i get nothing :)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-25 um 00.18.15.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-25 um 00.18.15.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
I never heard about special sleep problems with this card. So it can be an general problem for sleep with external gpu in your case. I would also ask ( make an sleep / wake thread in forum section around Mainboard post install with your Mainboard Type + GPU Type. But i think gpu type doesnt matter if you dont have any (not needed but installed kext in Clover .kexts like me).
I am sure you will get some help from others with same Mainboard.

I have an HP8300 with the GT1030 and was running into the same sleep/wake problem. I just watched the following Youtube video:
and my problem are gone! Basically, open clover, mount your EFI partition, edit your plist. Then on the clover menu, click on install drivers and then select CsmVideoDxe. Reboot and you're done!

All I had to do to get it working was disabling Inject Intel in Clover
Any value of other mentioned options appearing to be not fixing or breaking sleep
(Asus Z170i Pro Gaming + MSI GeForce GT 1030 OC LP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back