Contribute
Register

Sleep Wake issues with Mini-ITX Deluxe Build (GA-Z87N-WIFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Someone please help!

I built my first Hackintosh and have pretty much no issues with the Mini-ITX deluxe build, except for one. After the computer goes to sleep, I try to wake it with the USB keyboard or mouse I have. The hardware wakes up, the cooling fans spool up (as if to boot), but I never get any display on the screen. The only option I have is to hold the power button and restart the computer.

Did I miss an option in Multibeast?!

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Motherboard
HP EliteBook 850 G1 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
Intel Core i5 4200U/QM87 (?)
Graphics
HD4400, 1920x1080
Are you on 10.9? I have a similar issue, but if I keep mashing my keyboard for about 20 seconds, the display does finally turn on and the machine works perfectly. My system is on a GA-Z77N-WIFI.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
i have the same issue in 10.9, but it seems to be intermittent.

Sometimes i can wake it up, and sometimes i can't.

Motherboard
gigabyte
CPU
intel i5
Graphics
nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a very similar build to this, with very few issues. Running Mavericks, triple monitors setup sleeps and wakes with no issues,(Geforce 760 GTX) but if I allow computer to sleep, I get Windowserver crashes, and on waking I get slow responses, partial freezing, nothing cures it but a full power off shutdown and then restart. If I disable sleep, build is stable.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Have you patched your DSDT for the 10.8.5/10.9 _WAK bug?

See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch, "Fix _WAK Arg0 v1" or "Fix _WAK Arg0 v2", depending on the code in your _WAK method (v2 is generally more generic).

It may not be your issue, but it is a known bug in 10.8.5/10.9 so is worth a shot.

Motherboard
HP EliteBook 850 G1 (Clover UEFI)
CPU
Intel Core i5 4200U/QM87 (?)
Graphics
HD4400, 1920x1080
I think I solved my issue: I downloaded Chameleon Wizard:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/257464-chameleon-wizard-utility-for-chameleon/
After opening, I went to the org.chameleon.Boot tab, clicked the box for darkwake=0, then saved. After a reboot, my screen turns on right away after waking from sleep! The only downside is I'm back to having an unresponsive keyboard and mouse for the first 15 seconds after my machine wakes up...

Motherboard
ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
CPU
Graphics
On-board
I'm having this issue also...picked up the Z87N-WIFI and it goes to sleep, but when waking the screen is just black and I have to hit Reset.

If I DISABLE XHCI mode in the BIOS, it works perfectly, but USB3.0 does not work.

If I ENABLE XHCI, set it to AUTO, or anything other than DISABLED, it will not wake from sleep.

I am using the built-in HD4600 for video.

On my previous Hackintosh, I had the same thing happen when using the HD3000 built in graphics (2600k). Adding a Geforce 470 and disabling the onboard video completely solved that issue.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Motherboard
Mac
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
Nvidia
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Same problem here, except not even the reset button works! Only a hard reset will do. Everything else is fine: the Multibeast settings were DSDT free (quick start) and Intel Ethernet drivers.

I'm willing to test if anyone has any ideas.

EDIT: I'm using integrated graphics, in case it's relevant.

Motherboard
Mavericks 10.9.1
CPU
i7 4770s
Graphics
HD Graphics 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have to confirm that stevereno30's solution works. Two months ago I had this issue too, but solved it by adding "darkwake=0" to kernel flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Motherboard
ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING
CPU
Graphics
On-board
I have to confirm that stevereno30's solution works. Two months ago I had this issue too, but solved it by adding "darkwake=0" to kernel flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

I have tried darkwake=0 and it still does not work.

Z87N-WIFI
i4770
onboard hd4600 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.