Contribute
Register

Sleep/Wake issues Mac18,3 Mojave & Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a BCM94360CS2 to PCI-e adaptor card that prevented sleep when the USB cable was connected to the motherboard USB2 header... I replaced the adaptor and sleep worked beautifully.

I've had a BCM94360CS2 to PCI-e adaptor card that prevented sleep when the USB cable was connected to the motherboard USB2 header... I replaced the adaptor and sleep worked beautifully.

What did you replace the adaptor with?

I have problems on Catalina with sleep. After reboot it goes to sleep 3-4 times. Thereafter it stays awake forever. Display too.

When staying awake I see:

% pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 0
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 1
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake 1
powernap 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 0
standbydelayhigh 86400
sleep 16 (sleep prevented by coreaudiod)
autopoweroffdelay 28800
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 1
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 10 (display sleep prevented by coreaudiod)
tcpkeepalive 1
highstandbythreshold 50
standbydelaylow 86400

Anyone suggestions? This is my ASRock build, on Catalina 10.15.1.

What did you replace the adaptor with?

I have problems on Catalina with sleep. After reboot it goes to sleep 3-4 times. Thereafter it stays awake forever. Display too.

When staying awake I see:

% pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 0
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 1
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake 1
powernap 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 0
standbydelayhigh 86400
sleep 16 (sleep prevented by coreaudiod)
autopoweroffdelay 28800
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 1
ttyskeepawake 1
tcpkeepalive 1
highstandbythreshold 50
standbydelaylow 86400

Anyone suggestions? This is my ASRock build, on Catalina 10.15.1.

I contacted the seller and got a replacement. Exact same model. The replacement worked fine and allowed my system to sleep.

You can test if this is the cause for your sleep problems by just pulling the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card and adaptor.

I have the same problem

This is from Left Field....

I noticed that if I run a video/audio in a browser tab, Firefox or Chrome, my rig doesn't sleep thereafter.

However if I Close/Quit the browsers then sleep works.

Which sort of corresponds with :

I think I have solved this problem. I use Clover. Do not use AptioMemoryFix.efi. Use OsxAptioFixDrv.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi or OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi. I currently use OsxAptioFixDrv.efi, But it may be that my hardware is older and may not be suitable for you, but you can try . by Google Translate

I contacted the seller and got a replacement. Exact same model. The replacement worked fine and allowed my system to sleep.

You can test if this is the cause for your sleep problems by just pulling the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card and adaptor.
@pastrychef I am having sleep issues after the Catalina update. System will not sleep. I have Energy Saver set to 1 minute. I also have the same wifi card that you do (I think I purchased it based on your recommendation back in December of 2018) I has been fine with Mojave but since the 10.15.x update sleep has been a regular issue (takes after me). I see the above recommended deleting all com.apple.powermanagment.plist.xxxx. What do you think?

@pastrychef I am having sleep issues after the Catalina update. System will not sleep. I have Energy Saver set to 1 minute. I also have the same wifi card that you do (I think I purchased it based on your recommendation back in December of 2018) I has been fine with Mojave but since the 10.15.x update sleep has been a regular issue (takes after me). I see the above recommended deleting all com.apple.powermanagment.plist.xxxx. What do you think?

Deleting those files is worth a shot... It can't really do a harm.

What sleep issues are you having? It won't go to sleep? It won't stay asleep? It won't wake?

Deleting those files is worth a shot... It can't really do a harm.

What sleep issues are you having? It won't go to sleep? It won't stay asleep? It won't wake?
Won't go to sleep on its own. Will sleep with Apple drop down menu. I've made many changes today including a new SSDT-USB.AML While this has the needed USB ports working properly, it has not cured the sleep problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back