Contribute
Register

Sleep/wake issues Big Sur/OpenCore/TUF Gaming Pro/Radeon 5700

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have very similar boards / configurations. I looked through your config and I don't see anything obvious that may cause an issue. In fact, the only real differences we have are that I have Lapickernelpanic set to false / bootprotect set to none and yours are true, etc. Besides that I am using iMacPro1,1 for an SMBIOS vs iMac19,1 but that's only because of DRM. I didn't have problems with sleep/wake with either. Since you upgraded from a Clover installation, there's at least a possibility that something isn't compatible or there are leftovers somewhere, etc. You might consider a fresh install, or perhaps double check with kextstat that you have the most current versions of the kexts you need loaded. On that note, you don't seem to be excluding the airport460 kext and you should be, either by limiting it vs the the kernel or deleting it altogether. Probably not the sleep problem, but again, a mistake in your installation. Aside from all that, I'd start looking at your bios configuration to see if something is wonky there.
Would you be able to attach your EFI? I have done everything suggested now and still get the same error.
In your experience, which UEFI parameters are most likely to cause issues? I have set up my UEFI quite conservative, not overclocking, settings according to the OC guide.

Would you be able to attach your EFI? I have done everything suggested now and still get the same error.
In your experience, which UEFI parameters are most likely to cause issues? I have set up my UEFI quite conservative, not overclocking, settings according to the OC guide.
I can attach it later tonight. I followed the OC guide as well so that sounds like it may not be the problem either.

Here's my EFI. Couple caveats -- I'm using iMacPro1,1 so you'll need to disable your iGPU in the BIOS. Also, my SSDTs for PLUG and EC are specific to my DSDT. You'll have to check to see if they match up with your CPU/EC, otherwise just swap in the catchall ones you were already using. It's no impact either way other than a nanosecond of boot time, lol. You'll also need to generate a serial, MLB, etc. This is OpenCore 0.6.4 just so you know. Also, I compiled IntelMausi myself and enabled Wake on Lan. It won't hurt anything regardless of whether or not you use WoL but might as well swap it with the stock one if you know you won't.

If you still can't wake from Sleep, then I would consider going down to a bare bones setup, MB/processor/iGPU on iMac19,1 to see if it's not a specific device causing a problem. For instance, I have the instant wake problem if there are certain devices plugged into one of the USB headers on my board. Made no difference even if I disabled it in the USBMap. Speaking of that, the USB kext is obviously specific to my board as well. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 33
Thanks a lot. I give it a try over the weekend.

OK, I give up for now. I have used the EFI jhax01 has posted, I have re-installed macOS completely, I have restored, I have reset NVRAM, nothing really helps.
I have switched sleep off for and will wait for someone to post the perfect EFI.

OK, I give up for now. I have used the EFI jhax01 has posted, I have re-installed macOS completely, I have restored, I have reset NVRAM, nothing really helps.
I have switched sleep off for and will wait for someone to post the perfect EFI.
Did you try the steps to fixing sleep from the guide I posted on the last page? Instead of hoping for the perfect EFI, you should make the perfect EFI. :)

I have to agree, the guide is very thorough.

I have gone through the guide step by step, twice. I have also repeated the USB port mapping, twice, as USP ports seem to have a great impact. My original EFI was done from the OpenCore guide by the letter and I have then made a couple of changes based on different feedback. For now I just don't have the bandwidth to spend more time. Since everything else works I don't really have an issue. I just shut down the machine if I don't need it instead of waiting for it to hibernate.

I have gone through the guide step by step, twice. I have also repeated the USB port mapping, twice, as USP ports seem to have a great impact. My original EFI was done from the OpenCore guide by the letter and I have then made a couple of changes based on different feedback. For now I just don't have the bandwidth to spend more time. Since everything else works I don't really have an issue. I just shut down the machine if I don't need it instead of waiting for it to hibernate.
I was asking if you went to the Troubleshooting area not if you followed the guide step by step. But if you are fine with sleep not working cool.

Yep, I also did the troubleshooting section...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back