Contribute
Register

Sleep/wake issues Big Sur/OpenCore/TUF Gaming Pro/Radeon 5700

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have almost the identical system and am having trouble getting bigsur install to even load. Would you mind please sharing your EFI folder from the install usb?

Many thanks.
Hello, here is the EFI I used. I installed it at a time when BigSur was beta, so it does not contain the latest kexts etc. I have wiped out serial numbers.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 44
My point is that if you want to be successful, correcting the known problems first is the best course of action. Some things aren't always obviously interrelated.
Thanks so far. Let me implement some of the suggestions. I will report back.

My point is that if you want to be successful, correcting the known problems first is the best course of action. Some things aren't always obviously interrelated.
Incorrect not having the EC file may cause problems it is not a certainty. Second as the OP states they had the EC file and the issue was not resolved. Yes it is possible they are interrelated but at this point in time I have no reason to believe so. Just for good measure I removed my EC file Rebooted cleared my nvram everything booted and sleep worked.

What a bizarre statement. Sure, it’s not a certainty, but since there’s a chance, why not simply eliminate a potentially unpredictable problem regardless of whether or not it’s a component affecting sleep / wake? Weird.

What a bizarre statement. Sure, it’s not a certainty, but since there’s a chance, why not simply eliminate a potentially unpredictable problem regardless of whether or not it’s a component affecting sleep / wake? Weird.
What is bizarre is your failure to understand that when the OP said that they tried adding an EC SSDT and it did not fix sleep that it was not the problem. At this time I have no reason to believe that an EC SSDT has anything to do with the problem the OP is having. I suggested to the OP they add the EC SSDT at the start they responded with I have and it did not help! At that point, I moved on.

Hello, I have now added SSDT-EC back in and have done some further clean-up. Attached is the full EFI. Note that there are some kexts in the kext folder that are actually not loaded (like USBInjectAll).
The situation has not changed, error is still:
Time stamp Domain Message Duration Delay
========== ====== ======= ======== =====
UUID: Unknown UUID
2021-01-06 12:46:07 +0100 Sleep Entering Sleep state due to '': Using AC (Charge:0%)
2021-01-06 12:46:07 +0100 Failure Failure during wake: PEG0(),IGPU() : Some drivers failed to handle setPowerState panic
Sleep/Wakes since boot at 2021-01-06 12:25:11 +0100 :0 Dark Wake Count in this sleep cycle:4
I have also tried to disable the iGPU in BIOS, but it did not help. The error was slightly different, at the same time the system did not recognize my CPU anymore and Hackintool reported that VDA Decoder is not available.

Does anyone have any idea?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 52
BTW, I originally used OC 0.6.4, have now switched to 0.6.5

Hello, I have now added SSDT-EC back in and have done some further clean-up. Attached is the full EFI. Note that there are some kexts in the kext folder that are actually not loaded (like USBInjectAll).
The situation has not changed, error is still:
Time stamp Domain Message Duration Delay
========== ====== ======= ======== =====
UUID: Unknown UUID
2021-01-06 12:46:07 +0100 Sleep Entering Sleep state due to '': Using AC (Charge:0%)
2021-01-06 12:46:07 +0100 Failure Failure during wake: PEG0(),IGPU() : Some drivers failed to handle setPowerState panic
Sleep/Wakes since boot at 2021-01-06 12:25:11 +0100 :0 Dark Wake Count in this sleep cycle:4
I have also tried to disable the iGPU in BIOS, but it did not help. The error was slightly different, at the same time the system did not recognize my CPU anymore and Hackintool reported that VDA Decoder is not available.

Does anyone have any idea?

Try looking in troubleshooting here:

You might also consider populating all your PCI Devices in the Device properties. There is an option to add all of them.

We have very similar boards / configurations. I looked through your config and I don't see anything obvious that may cause an issue. In fact, the only real differences we have are that I have Lapickernelpanic set to false / bootprotect set to none and yours are true, etc. Besides that I am using iMacPro1,1 for an SMBIOS vs iMac19,1 but that's only because of DRM. I didn't have problems with sleep/wake with either. Since you upgraded from a Clover installation, there's at least a possibility that something isn't compatible or there are leftovers somewhere, etc. You might consider a fresh install, or perhaps double check with kextstat that you have the most current versions of the kexts you need loaded. On that note, you don't seem to be excluding the airport460 kext and you should be, either by limiting it vs the the kernel or deleting it altogether. Probably not the sleep problem, but again, a mistake in your installation. Aside from all that, I'd start looking at your bios configuration to see if something is wonky there.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will try your suggestions now. If there are leftovers from Clover, where would I find them? The EFI is all new and I think I have cleaned out /Library/Extensions from Clover stuff. Is there any other place to check?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back