Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is an old one but I haven't been able to find a definitive cure. I've got a GA-Z77N-WIFI with GTX970 (new), 10.10.1, 16GB RAM and BIOS specs from the install guide. Bootloader is Chimera latest. Everything is working well except I'm having a hard time with sleep/wake. If I enabled the GenericUSB fix for USB3.0 then it won't sleep. If I remove it then it seems to show the black screen on wake. Also, noticed that OS X doesn't recognize a USB Xbox for windows controller and of course Messages doesn't sign in (though it did the first time I used it).

This is an old one but I haven't been able to find a definitive cure. I've got a GA-Z77N-WIFI with GTX970 (new), 10.10.1, 16GB RAM and BIOS specs from the install guide. Bootloader is Chimera latest. Everything is working well except I'm having a hard time with sleep/wake. If I enabled the GenericUSB fix for USB3.0 then it won't sleep. If I remove it then it seems to show the black screen on wake. Also, noticed that OS X doesn't recognize a USB Xbox for windows controller and of course Messages doesn't sign in (though it did the first time I used it).

There are a lot of known problems with GenericUSBXHCI for Yosemite... If you need GenericUSBXHCI to access / use your USB3.0 devices try looking into patching native AppleUSBXHCI.

Cheers!

I've tried also to install Clover and that has its own issues. But can it do the USB injection?

Anyhow, the gist is:

Chameleon: manual sleep works (display goes out about 5 seconds before the CPU) but then on wake the USB for keyboard and mouse (back ports) doesn't work until they are replugged.

Clover: same as above for manual sleep but then on wake the power button must be pressed quickly to get the display back. USB appears to work ok on wake.

Ring any bells?

I've tried also to install Clover and that has its own issues. But can it do the USB injection?

Anyhow, the gist is:

Chameleon: manual sleep works (display goes out about 5 seconds before the CPU) but then on wake the USB for keyboard and mouse (back ports) doesn't work until they are replugged.

Clover: same as above for manual sleep but then on wake the power button must be pressed quickly to get the display back. USB appears to work ok on wake.

Ring any bells?

Why do you have to press the power button quickly? You may need to apply Clover's "FixIPIC" or an "IRQ Fix" from RehabMan's Laptop DSDT repo, both of them relate to the power button ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back