Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have an almost perfectly working Sierra build. Everything works except sleep. Whenever I click the sleep button, I hear all the fans turn off, and the displays turn off, but in 20 seconds or so, everything turns right back on. The displays are still off though and I have to move my mouse to make it turn back on. I'm using SMBIOS 14,2 and these are my system specs:

Dell Inspiron 3647

CPU : Intel i3-4130 @ 3.40 GHz
Cooler : Stock Intel Cooler
MOBO : Dell 2YRK5
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 1 GB DDR3
RAM : 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
HDD : Seagate BarraCuda 7200rpm 500 GB
WiFi + BT : AR9565 (Working)
Keyboard : Logitech K120
Mouse : Etekcity Scroll S1
Monitor : Dell E2414H and Dell 1905FP
Audio : ALC662V2
Speakers : Dell AX210

I have almost everything working (even iMessage/FaceTime) and I really want sleep to work since I used it a lot on Windows.

I also added an SSDT and done a bunch of other fixes (http://imgur.com/a/sjbTK), but it made no difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Run the code below and see if theres anything preventing sleep.
pmset -g assertions

You can also check what woke your system from the two commands below

syslog |grep -i "Wake Reason"

syslog | grep wake

Run the code below and see if theres anything preventing sleep.

You can also check what woke your system from the two commands below
Here is what I get when I type pmset -g assertions:
32H0mBv.png

And when I type the other command after rebooting from my crashed sleep attempt, I just get a list of all the programs I had open.

Here is what I get when I type pmset -g assertions:

And when I type the other command after rebooting from my crashed sleep attempt, I just get a list of all the programs I had open.

Try putting your machine to sleep with "Address Book Source Sync" disabled. Run this in the terminal and then see if you can get it to sleep.
Code:
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.AddressBook.SourceSync.plist

If it doesn't help the problem you can re-enable it using this:
Code:
launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.AddressBook.SourceSync.plist

Try putting your machine to sleep with "Address Book Source Sync" disabled. Run this in the terminal and then see if you can get it to sleep.
Code:
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.AddressBook.SourceSync.plist

If it doesn't help the problem you can re-enable it using this:
Code:
launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.AddressBook.SourceSync.plist
Didn't work. The PC goes to sleep and just wakes right back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back