Intel® Sandybridge Mobile x86/MMX/SSE2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi
My HP Probook 4530S worked perfectly in mavericks with both chameleon and clover boot loaders and with yosemite and the clover boot loader.

Now with El capitan, it won't stay asleep. It goes through a number of start-sleep cycles and then reboots.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Best

Hi
My HP Probook 4530S worked perfectly in mavericks with both chameleon and clover boot loaders and with yosemite and the clover boot loader.

Now with El capitan, it won't stay asleep. It goes through a number of start-sleep cycles and then reboots.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Best

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Thanks for your reply.

I attach the files. I trust they are all correct.

I must say, in general, I am finding El Capitan less successful than previous operating systems. The computer is dragging its feet, so to speak. Delays between typing and the words appearing, slower programme opening etc. Maybe the 4530S is not so compatible? I have no such problems on my wife's 4340S.

Best

Jeremy

Attachments

• sleep2.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 116
Thanks for your reply.

I attach the files. I trust they are all correct.

I must say, in general, I am finding El Capitan less successful than previous operating systems. The computer is dragging its feet, so to speak. Delays between typing and the words appearing, slower programme opening etc. Maybe the 4530S is not so compatible? I have no such problems on my wife's 4340S.

Best

Jeremy

The VGA patch in your config.plist is a bad idea.

Some strange kexts you have there..
Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ZTEUSBMassStorageFilter.kext
file:///System/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext APExtFramebuffer.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AirParrotDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

Test sleep without external devices plugged in.

Hi.
I have done a fresh reinstall and got rid of all the rubbish from the past. The problem persists however, whether or not there are any peripherals attached.

Would you mind looking at the files again?

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4 MB · Views: 108
Hi.
I have done a fresh reinstall and got rid of all the rubbish from the past. The problem persists however, whether or not there are any peripherals attached.

Would you mind looking at the files again?

The config.plist is still using the VGA patch. The VGA patch is not a good idea.

Thanks.
Could you explain how I get rid of that?
Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back