Contribute
Register

Sleep problem : Cant wake from sleep without AC power (Charging)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, when the working battery has 5% the system change to the other one and the built-in battery status changes too.

Yes, when the working battery has 5% the system change to the other one and the built-in battery status changes too.

Interesting...

Yes =)

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2015-04-11 a las 9.44.29 a.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2015-04-11 a las 9.44.29 a.m..png
    6.6 KB · Views: 126
By the way... i set:

pmset -a diskleep 0
pmset -a sleep 0
pmset -a displaysleep 0

From terminal to never sleep because the power management in system preferences doesn't work.

By the way... i set:

pmset -a diskleep 0
pmset -a sleep 0
pmset -a displaysleep 0

From terminal to never sleep because the power management in system preferences doesn't work.

Read post #6.

@jay ... You may be interested in this discussion: (this One)

@RM,

Thanks for the heads up ...

The dual battery works fine, with HWMonitor i see the levels of the 2 batteries.

@Tlacuas,

Very interesting, Support for multiple batteries was pulled form Yosemite ... I've been playing around with DSDT code but couldn't get it to work no matter .... so how did you get HWMonitor to report dual battery status ?, does it work with iStat Menus 5.1 ? or does it only work with HWMonitor ? some sort of Fake SMC plugin maybe ?

Cheers
Jay

Hoping you two can compare notes and come to some conclusions...

@RM & @Tlacuas,

I started to look at writing DSDT code that would return the values for the currently charging/discharging battery and then switch to returning the values for the other battery when a switch over occurs, however the code all got a bit messy, the logic was good just bad implementation, haven't looked at the code for a long time now as have learnt to live with it, using iStat Menus 5+ gave me enough info to know what was going on but still not perfect.

Would be interested to know how Tiacuas got HWMonitor to show both battery levels ?

Cheers
Jay

@RM & @Tlacuas,

I started to look at writing DSDT code that would return the values for the currently charging/discharging battery and then switch to returning the values for the other battery when a switch over occurs, however the code all got a bit messy,

It sounds like that is already happening for @Tlacuas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back