Contribute
Register

Sleep problem : Cant wake from sleep without AC power (Charging)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo P400 Touch
CPU
Core i7 3632QM
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So im having a strange problem where my laptop (Lenovo P400) wakes up from sleep immediately when it is plugged into AC power and charging. But when im using it without power (i.e., on battery) it doesn't wake from sleep and boots with no display. Then i have to manually switch off and restart again after which it starts for 3 seconds then again restarts normally back to clover bootloader screenIm running yosemite 10.10

So im having a strange problem where my laptop (Lenovo P400) wakes up from sleep immediately when it is plugged into AC power and charging. But when im using it without power (i.e., on battery) it doesn't wake from sleep and boots with no display. Then i have to manually switch off and restart again after which it starts for 3 seconds then again restarts normally back to clover bootloader screenIm running yosemite 10.10

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Did you solve your problem? I have a Lenovo T440s with the same issue :(

The output of

Last login: Fri Apr 10 16:45:05 on ttys000
iThinkPro:~ Eric$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f825d2000 0x5c000 0x5c000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (1.3.6) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3>
iThinkPro:~ Eric$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
iThinkPro:~ Eric$

Attachments

• iORegistry.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • RehabMan.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 66
The output of

Last login: Fri Apr 10 16:45:05 on ttys000
iThinkPro:~ Eric$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f825d2000 0x5c000 0x5c000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (1.3.6) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3>
iThinkPro:~ Eric$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
iThinkPro:~ Eric$

AppleACPIPlatform 1.3.6 is wrong for Yosemite. Should be version 3.1. Restore the native kext.

Also, it is likely you have installed a GenericUSBXHCI.kext not built for Yosemite (it is not my build).

Always test sleep without USB WiFi.

You should also eliminate 3rd party software (I see: metakine_handsoff, ControllerMate, you might check for others).

By the way, how is the dual-battery situation working out?

The dual battery works fine, with HWMonitor i see the levels of the 2 batteries.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2015-04-10 a las 5.58.49 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2015-04-10 a las 5.58.49 p.m..png
    6.6 KB · Views: 147
The dual battery works fine, with HWMonitor i see the levels of the 2 batteries.

I'm wondering about the built-in battery status provided by the system...

It shows the level of the battery that is "on line" at the moment =)

It shows the level of the battery that is "on line" at the moment =)

OK. And then it transitions smoothly from one to the other? I think it used to show multiple batteries in prior versions of OS X...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back