Contribute
Register

Sleep problem and power button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made a "rollback" of my dsdt and i've reinstalled GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Now everything works (all usb ports are fully working), but i continue to see that they work slowly (1,2MB from desktop to usb pen in 1'18'')...now i'll try if with the "multiplex" patch it will work...i'm testing with usb 2.0 devices, but the speed is too slow also for it!!!

The Multiplex patch is only applicable to AppleUSBXHCI.kext.

The Multiplex patch is only applicable to AppleUSBXHCI.kext.

ok then i must only re-erase the GenericUSBXHCI kext and try...if it'll not work i'll continue to use it like now...a "slow" usb port is better then a "non working" usb port :thumbup:

I've tested the laptop when i close the lid...it seems that is not working...nothing happened when i close the lid...it shutdown the lcd and after if i open it everything il like before....i've wait a lot of time with no success.....i've also see that there were some patches for this...i must apply them to have my "lid sleep" working?

I've tested the laptop when i close the lid...it seems that is not working...nothing happened when i close the lid...it shutdown the lcd and after if i open it everything il like before....i've wait a lot of time with no success.....i've also see that there were some patches for this...i must apply them to have my "lid sleep" working?

Do you have backlight control implemented? (brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays).

It is required for lid detection.

Also, check for assertions: 'pmset -g assertions'. Lid sleep doesn't work with active assertions.

Do you have backlight control implemented? (brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays).

It is required for lid detection.

Also, check for assertions: 'pmset -g assertions'. Lid sleep doesn't work with active assertions.

I've backlight control implemented and working...this is the result of assertions

Code:
acer-2e80a2a2f5:~ federicoangeloni$ pmset -g assertions
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]2015-01-15 17:54:40 +0100 [/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Assertion status system-wide:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   BackgroundTask                 0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ApplePushServiceTask           0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   UserIsActive                   0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventSystemSleep             0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   ExternalMedia                  0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   NetworkClientActive            0[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Kernel Assertions: 0x100=MAGICWAKE[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   id=503  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=15/01/15 18:01 description=en0 owner=en0
[/FONT]

ps: why is it writing "acer-2e..." ??? i've a lenovo! i've never read this!

I've backlight control implemented and working...this is the result of assertions

There are no assertions that will prevent sleep.

ps: why is it writing "acer-2e..." ??? i've a lenovo! i've never read this!

From where did you download OS X?

There are no assertions that will prevent sleep.

From where did you download OS X?

Then i must apply the lid patches? when i close/open the lid nothing change in system.log....

i've downloaded the OS X from App Store....and i use the file "Install Yosemite OS X.app" to made my usb installer...

Then i must apply the lid patches? when i close/open the lid nothing change in system.log....

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

i've downloaded the OS X from App Store....and i use the file "Install Yosemite OS X.app" to made my usb installer...

Why did you change your machine name to "acer..." in SysPrefs->Sharing?

this is the output from terminal, and i've attached the other files:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]acer-2e80a2a2f5:~ federicoangeloni$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]   13    2 0xffffff7f82049000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]acer-2e80a2a2f5:~ federicoangeloni$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   21    0 0xffffff7f81cec000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   30    0 0xffffff7f81ce7000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]

I've never changed the machine name...before it was showing "Macbook Pro di Federico" as name and now i've this situation there...is the first time that i read this "acer.."...:

Attachments

• Schermata 2015-01-15 alle 18.09.38.png
    Schermata 2015-01-15 alle 18.09.38.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 83
  • MacBook Pro di Federico.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
  • RehabMan.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 67
i've fixed the name via terminal with

sudo scutil --set HostName MacBook\ Pro\ di\ Federico

:thumbup:

Status