Register

SLEEP - post your fixes here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just curious about if there are any fixes to all the Lion sleep issues.

Personally I have been able to get sleep working after the AppleRTC.kext that was posted in a previous thread.

My latest issue is that I have to press the keyboard a few times in order for the computer to wake up fully. Basically once to wake the system and then again right after the keyboard lights come on. If I don't it just goes into a sleep/wake loop...

Anyways I was thinking we should consolidate all the fixes all in one spot so feel free to post what you may have done to get your sleep working in Lion.

AppleRTC.kext patch for cmos reset fix:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

This applies to snow leopard but much of the information is very relevant and should be followed for Lion.

Basically all check boxes should be checked:
Screen+shot+2009-12-04+at+12.39.00+PM.png

This is from general settings guide posted in tuning forum, click the link below for more details:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1165

Hello i've seen that if I wake-up my hackintosh hitting a key on my usb apple keyboard it's all ok while hitting power button the hack power up but not working at all and i have to reset the pc.
I don't know if it's useful for other people having trouble with lion sleep

ciao

I have sleepenabler.kext works fine under SL 10.6.7. The sleep doesn't work after I installed Lion 10.7. I have to delete the sleepenabler because of the panic screen in boot up.

It looks like we are waiting for a sleepenabler for 10.7 lion. :rolleyes:

If you are using one of the various approaches to getting sleep working in Lion, be sure to monitor your CPU temperature after waking from sleep. On my machine, I'm able to successfully sleep and wake, however after wake CPU core temperatures rise significantly. The i7 cores in my build normally idle at just under 40C, however after wake they idle closer to 80.

I haven't been able to confirm if this is a real temperature spike or if the measurement tool is incorrectly reporting the higher temp. I have noticed that the CPU cooler fan runs faster after wake, so it's possible that the temperature spike is real.

Perry

Finally found the fix for having to hit a key multiple times before the computer fully awakes.

Code:
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>darkwake=0</string>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back