Contribute
Register

Sleep on 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think not having BTFirmwareUploader.kext loaded is causing all the USB issues - spinning beach ball during the install, disconnecting USB sticks and jumpy USB mouse. I don't have any proof, though, for now I have everything working apart from the occasional restart-on-wake. It's weird that in Mavericks I used IOath3kfrmwr.kext and didn't have these problems.

BTFirmwareUploader.kext seems to be buggy. And it is closed source, so we don't know what it is in it and we are not able to review the code to find the bugs.

IOath3kfrmwr.kext can be used on Yosemite...

Little off-topic: is there a reason to have BTFirmwareUploader.kext and AppleHDAIDT.kext in /S/L/E rather than in EFI/Clover/kexts?

Some kexts don't work in Clover/kexts. AppleHDAIDT is one of them. There are others. I don't bother with it (it is a waste of time), and only keep kexts necessary to boot recovery in Clover/kexts. All other kexts, I install to /S/L/E.

BTFirmwareUploader.kext seems to be buggy. And it is closed source, so we don't know what it is in it and we are not able to review the code to find the bugs.

IOath3kfrmwr.kext can be used on Yosemite...

When I removed BTFirmwareUploader and installed, IOath3kfrmwr, bluetooth and webcam were still working, but when I connected a USB drive, it started disconnecting every 5 seconds. The same thing happens when I do a clean install of the system and do the first boot from Clover on the installer USB. The only port that seems to be fully working is the right port closer to the DVD drive (the only one I can boot the installer USB from without being stuck at the grey screen with the spinning beach ball).

Some kexts don't work in Clover/kexts. AppleHDAIDT is one of them. There are others. I don't bother with it (it is a waste of time), and only keep kexts necessary to boot recovery in Clover/kexts. All other kexts, I install to /S/L/E.

Now I've put BTFirmwareUploader in Clover/kexts and it seems to be fully working. Perhaps it could be added to the installer USB's Clover/kexts directory so people with the 4530s would not have issues booting the installer.

When I removed BTFirmwareUploader and installed, IOath3kfrmwr, bluetooth and webcam were still working, but when I connected a USB drive, it started disconnecting every 5 seconds. The same thing happens when I do a clean install of the system and do the first boot from Clover on the installer USB. The only port that seems to be fully working is the right port closer to the DVD drive (the only one I can boot the installer USB from without being stuck at the grey screen with the spinning beach ball).

Does your laptop have USB3? Seems there is known problems with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Acknowledged by the author Zenith432. Try without it.

Now I've put BTFirmwareUploader in Clover/kexts and it seems to be fully working. Perhaps it could be added to the installer USB's Clover/kexts directory so people with the 4530s would not have issues booting the installer.

It probably doesn't work there...

Does your laptop have USB3? Seems there is known problems with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Acknowledged by the author Zenith432. Try without it.

It doesn't. I tried removing it before and the problems were still there.

It probably doesn't work there...

Well, it works for me from there now - both bluetooth and webcam work fine and USB problems are gone too...

It doesn't. I tried removing it before and the problems were still there.

Without USB3 on your laptop, having GenericUSBXCHI installed or not installed will not make any difference.

Well, it works for me from there now - both bluetooth and webcam work fine and USB problems are gone too...

I believe the reason it was moved... was because it didn't work properly there.

I don't use BT, and I certainly wouldn't use a kext that is not open source.... so no idea here...

I have exactly this same problem as u, after clean install all ports without this near dvd rom reconect after 5s, now when i delete BT kext is this same on cam its work but for 5s then its reconect and work again for another 5s.

I don't know what to do, install again BT kext or what? wait for repair bug, install other kext?

It really looks like BTFirmwareUploader.kext suckz ;)

Thanks again RehabMan for everything! And everyone that helped.

This fixed the sleep issues on my 4530s:

Terminal
sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/BTFirmwareUploader.kext ~/Desktop/

Install with Kext Wizard (from Release folder inside zip):
https://code.google.com/p/os-x-athe...?name=RehabMan-Atheros-2013-0918.zip&can=2&q=

Fix Permissions and rebuild Cache in Kext Wizard.
Reboot. Done.

I have one USB 3.0 Port and i did not delete any other kext. USB 2.0 working like it should.

My bluetooth is still broken after removing BT and replacing with ioath3k. i repaired permissions and whatnot... tried sleeping and waking, removed and reinstalled... still nothing. it was working before i removed the broken BT kext to fix sleep.

It really looks like BTFirmwareUploader.kext suckz ;)

Thanks again RehabMan for everything! And everyone that helped.

This fixed the sleep issues on my 4530s:

Terminal
sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/BTFirmwareUploader.kext ~/Desktop/

Install with Kext Wizard (from Release folder inside zip):
https://code.google.com/p/os-x-athe...?name=RehabMan-Atheros-2013-0918.zip&can=2&q=

Fix Permissions and rebuild Cache in Kext Wizard.
Reboot. Done.

I have one USB 3.0 Port and i did not delete any other kext. USB 2.0 working like it should.

I have the same model, from the sound of it, but this IOath3frmwr.kext causes an immediate reboot. :(

The BTFirmwareUploader works about 50% of the time, but it, too, will cause reboot without any explanation.

I have the same model, from the sound of it, but this IOath3frmwr.kext causes an immediate reboot. :(

The BTFirmwareUploader works about 50% of the time, but it, too, will cause reboot without any explanation.

Try removing the '30 second' Bluetooth patch from config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back