Graphics
Galaxy GTX 670 v2
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all,

Thanks to the great guides and forums here, I'm now typing from my first dual-boot Hackintosh system running El Capitan with Windows 10 on the other drive.

My main issue now is that sleep causes my computer to power off about 10 seconds into sleep (the sleep indicator light stops flashing). Then upon powering up, it gets stuck in a quick boot loop wherein it just beeps and shuts down quickly. I have to fight with the holding the power button at the right moment in order to reset it. I've tried every safe BIOS setting I could in the 10.11 Guide, to no avail.
When I get it started up again, Clover states that my El Capitan drive is Hibernated and it's able to load it.

I was reading as well that my ASUS BIOS might need to be patched with UEFIpatch in order to fully support OSX power states, however I can't find the utility anywhere for download (the Github page is removed).

If anyone could provide some instruction, I'd appreciate your favour.

Thanks

Last edited:
Disable hibernation in Terminal :

Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

Hi P1LGRIM, thanks for your reply.
I tried that, and it no longer writes the sleepimage, (the hdd write light no longer flashes before sleep) however it still powers off about 10 seconds into sleep and then has the boot loop at POST.

I've been researching about my ASUS P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD and it seems the BIOS needs to be patched, as well as the DSDT in order to get sleep functioning properly. I have found the DSDT patches, however I can't find a patched version of the BIOS for my board, nor the UEFIpatch tool in order to do it myself. I keep finding guides that refer to Github and other repositories in order to download the files, but they've been removed.

Edit: I was able to download UEFIpatch and have flashed the patched BIOS, still some issues though.

Last edited:
Ok, my issue has changed slightly. It still powers off about 10 seconds into sleep, however it no longer loops continuously upon startup/wake. It now beeps, reboots, and then sits at a black screen.

I was able to solve it-- It was the Intel WiFi half-mini card with Bluetooth that was causing the crashes during sleep. They both have to be disabled in the BIOS if Sleep is to function properly.

Looks like I'll have to get an upgrade to a Handoff-capable one before long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back