Contribute
Register

Sleep not working GA-P55A-UD3 F11 w/DSDT [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
312
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I manually press the sleep button the system goes to sleep, I wake with mouse to the fans coming back on but I have a blank screen. I hold power button to turn off, than try and boot and still have the blank screen. The only way to successfully POST is to turn off power supply for 10-15 seconds, press powerbutton and than it boots and everything is fine.

This is on 10.6.7, using ATI enabler from MB, and 64 Bit. DSDT from database

Any ideas??
 
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
34
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Re: Sleep not working GA-P55A-UD3 F11 DSDT from database 10.6.7

Can I just ask which RAM you're using, including the long ass serial number and all?

PS I had waking from sleep issues, but installed something from multibeast and haven't had any issues. I read good things about "please sleep" as well. Also want to make sure all THREE of the boxes are checked under the power management section in system preferences, which may have actually solved my issues...
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
312
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Re: Sleep not working GA-P55A-UD3 F11 DSDT from database 10.6.7

My ram is gskill ripjaws 2x4GB Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Pleasesleep app is nice I used it on another box I did to fix an autosleep issue. I don't have all three boxes checked right now. I had the first HDD box unchecked. I'll test that now with the sleep and see what happens.

EDIT:

Just tried it with all three boxes and same problem.
 
Joined
Mar 13, 2011
Messages
39
Motherboard
ASUS P77
CPU
i7
Re: Sleep not working GA-P55A-UD3 F11 DSDT from database 10.6.7

Hello bones123.

It sounds like you are experiencing the exact same symptoms as fools and myself except that your problem only occurs when you power-up after your system has gone to sleep, whereas for fools and me our problem is when we power-up from cold.

I'm wondering if both might somehow be related. What happens when you put your system to sleep then wake it up again after a few seconds?

(Aside, I have 10.6.6 and when I put my system to sleep it almost immediately powers down. Wiggle the mouse and it powers up again, but it does not resume. Instead the power-up is a hard power-up and the system reboots. Looks like this will be the next problem to solve once my other power-up problem is fixed :( )
 
Joined
Aug 13, 2010
Messages
2
Motherboard
Gigabyte P67a-UD4-B3
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
Asus Radeon 5970
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Re: Sleep not working GA-P55A-UD3 F11 DSDT from database 10.6.7

This sounds similar to my issue a few months back:

Try enabling Onboard USB 3.0 controller in the BIOS

Generally I had to reset CMOS every time before the display would work again as a normal hard reset wouldn't fix it.

Post a reply if this fixes it :)
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
312
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Re: Sleep not working GA-P55A-UD3 F11 DSDT from database 10.6.7

abezors said:
This sounds similar to my issue a few months back:

Try enabling Onboard USB 3.0 controller in the BIOS

Generally I had to reset CMOS every time before the display would work again as a normal hard reset wouldn't fix it.

Post a reply if this fixes it :)

Wow could that be it.. now that I think of it I did recently disable USB 3.0 in the BIOS (I wasn't using it). I'll give it a try tonight and report back
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
312
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Re: Sleep not working GA-P55A-UD3 F11 DSDT from database 10.6.7

semtex said:
Hello bones123.

It sounds like you are experiencing the exact same symptoms as fools and myself except that your problem only occurs when you power-up after your system has gone to sleep, whereas for fools and me our problem is when we power-up from cold.

I'm wondering if both might somehow be related. What happens when you put your system to sleep then wake it up again after a few seconds?

(Aside, I have 10.6.6 and when I put my system to sleep it almost immediately powers down. Wiggle the mouse and it powers up again, but it does not resume. Instead the power-up is a hard power-up and the system reboots. Looks like this will be the next problem to solve once my other power-up problem is fixed :( )

Mine doesn't reboot on wake it turns on fans but no video and system is unresponsive. Only way to POST again is to power down powersupply and than it will post. If I just use power button it will not POST.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
312
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Re: Sleep not working GA-P55A-UD3 F11 DSDT from database 10.6.7

bones123 said:
abezors said:
This sounds similar to my issue a few months back:

Try enabling Onboard USB 3.0 controller in the BIOS

Generally I had to reset CMOS every time before the display would work again as a normal hard reset wouldn't fix it.

Post a reply if this fixes it :)

Wow could that be it.. now that I think of it I did recently disable USB 3.0 in the BIOS (I wasn't using it). I'll give it a try tonight and report back

Just got home, I enabled the onboard USB 3.0 controller and sleep works now. No more blank screen etc...

Thanks abezors, I don't think I would have ever figured that out!!
 
Joined
Dec 12, 2010
Messages
6
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
i love you guys, i just enabled usb3 in bios and now sleep works perfectly with just the dsdt(no sleep enabler)
p55a-ud3 rev 2 f11.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top