1. eMac
  2. LC
  3. Performa
  4. Plus
  5. Power Mac
  6. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After updating to 11.2 I suddenly couldn't get the hack to sleep—a familiar problem from many updates. The screen would go black and after a couple of seconds come back on. In Activity Monitor the only thing shown to prevent sleep was WindowUser and that is a vital core component, therefore no culprit. I googled tons of stuff and checked things in Terminal but found no obvious problems. Just as I was about to give up I remembered: with one update earlier (some Catalina one?) I had to unplug my flightsim controller from its USB port and sleep started working immediately. And exactly that was the cause this time too. Maybe someone can explain the technical side of this but I'd advice to check/unplug all your thirdparty USB devices if you're having sleep issues. I only use the controller for X-Plane 11 on Macos and for Flight Simulator 2020 on Windows 10. The specific model is Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas but I think this might be a more "generic" USB related problem.

Cheers, hope this helps someone!

Hey - I just wanted to say thanks. I spent hours building USBMaps and other attempts to fixing this. Unplugging my HOTAS solved everything.

Did you ever find out why ?

Nice to hear! I have no idea what's behind all this... Perhaps I'm a bit too lazy as long as there is a solution this simple. :) By the way, I forgot to mention that the problem for me at least is only related to immediately after updating. I only need to unplug the HOTAS once after update and put hack to sleep (maybe I did restart in between, can't recall...). After that it doesn't mind if the controller is plugged in, sleeps just fine. A really minor problem really but I kept forgetting about it since the previous update. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back