Contribute
Register

Sleep issue - restarting instead of waking up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
CPU
Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz Socket LGA1156
Graphics
Zotac 9800GT 1GB Synergy Edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys. I promise I have Googled this and searched the forums but not found anything similar.

I am running Lion 10.7.4 with MultiBeast 4.5.2 - it is using a well edited DSDT (GA-P55M-UD2) and everything is working except for sleep. I used to get the CMOS reset issue but this no longer happens. Now my PC seems to go to sleep okay, but when I wake it up either with the mouse or a press of the on button the PC starts up as though from fresh - i.e. goes through POST routine.

I'm guessing it is not actually going to sleep but I could be wrong - any ideas? Thanks in advance....

MED

Hi - thanks for the quick response. Could you possibly elaborate though? I don't actually have a bluetooth dongle plugged in, I am using a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse though, but AFAIK this is not a bluetooth device.

This is the last thing that is stopping me from moving to OS X full time and ditching Windows as my primary OS and it is a bit of a show stopper...

Thanks

MED

Hi guys,

I own a Belkin mini USB BT dongle that I use with my trackpad.

After doing a separate install for 10.7.4 on another drive, the system does do into sleep (I tested via touching the power button or selecting sleep from the apple menu items) but when I click my keyboard or trackpad it starts to boot from scratch again (like a restart).

I checked the console logs but there are no "wake" events present. I had a instant reboot issue as mentions in these forums as well which I solved via installing a patched kext for my BT adapter.

Is this issue solely due to BT?

I installed via unibeast 1.3, multibeast 4.5.2 using Patched Sound drivers for ALC889a, UserDSDT method via the DSDT for my mainboard which is p55m-UD4 F11. Other than that, I enabled HW monitors (fakePlugins) and am using lnx2mac network driver.

Needing help, thank you ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back