Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
If it's a simple sleep and wake situation it shows no problem - audio also works, since some people have problem with that.

But I noticed that in longer sleeps, it would show a problem at times. Once it kind of restarted before going to login screen. Last time it didn't wake up at all. I tried to reset e even so it wouldn't, it would start over and in Clover Boot Menu it would show "SSD (Hibernated)". I had to unplug the power so it would go back to normal.

I found it odd since it wasn't supposed to hibernate, I have mine set to hibernatemode=0. Usually it would only hibernate if hibernatemode was not set to 0, but it seems that standby overwrites it in supported hardware, which is the case for iMac 13,2. So after 70min it gets into hibernate mode.

As so far I haven't been able to solve this issue of not waking up again, I will set standby=0 and autopoweroff=0 as well and see if this can work for now.

If it's a simple sleep and wake situation it shows no problem - audio also works, since some people have problem with that.

But I noticed that in longer sleeps, it would show a problem at times. Once it kind of restarted before going to login screen. Last time it didn't wake up at all. I tried to reset e even so it wouldn't, it would start over and in Clover Boot Menu it would show "SSD (Hibernated)". I had to unplug the power so it would go back to normal.

I found it odd since it wasn't supposed to hibernate, I have mine set to hibernatemode=0. Usually it would only hibernate if hibernatemode was not set to 0, but it seems that standby overwrites it in supported hardware, which is the case for iMac 13,2. So after 70min it gets into hibernate mode.

As so far I haven't been able to solve this issue of not waking up again, I will set standby=0 and autopoweroff=0 as well and see if this can work for now.

Disable Hibernate in Terminal :
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage

I have my Z77-DS3H set to darkwake=0 to help with sleep / wake.

I already had hibernatemode=0.

What does darkwake=0 do?

Also what this do?
Thanks!

What does darkwake=0 do?
A bit of a grey area but it controls the order that components sleep.

Also what this do?
Removes the sleepimage and then makes a directory called sleepimage to stop it being recreated.

You are encouraged to make use of the forum Search tool and indeed Google.

I did but in this case it didn't say about the risks, it would only say that darkwake would wake some things and others not and that it could mess up your hackintosh so I wanted a clarification on why try that. Thanks!

Hello friends, I solved the hibernate issue in El Captain with this mobo.
Just edit "com.apple.powermanagement.plist" and change "hibernatemode" to 29.

Unfortunately it doesn't work on Sierra... :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back