Contribute
Register

[solved] Goes to sleep but on attempted wake up all power is cut off completly

Status
Not open for further replies.
All current files are in post no 27

Your config is wrong. You have patches that you don't need. Those patches were not in the original Config I only told you to add change _DSM to XDSM nothing more nothing less. Its a mess.

I have no patches that are not needed. if they exist, they are disabled. This is what I have on my live system now
If you mean the change _OSI to XOSI etc, they were used during the USB adjustments (thay are not live, as none of them exists on my system)

I have no patches that are not needed. if they exist, they are disabled. This is what I have on my live system now
If you mean the change _OSI to XOSI etc, they were used during the USB adjustments (thay are not live, as none of them exists on my system)

Incorrect. You have too many Patches under ACPI, DSDT, Patches.

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 18.57.03.png

OK, removed them, thay never applied anyway, as none of the values existed (so it could not be changed)

OK, removed them, thay never applied anyway, as none of the values existed (so it could not be changed)

Still waiting for complete "Problem Reporting" files.

I am sorry, but could you please tell me what else is missing?
I attached Clover zipped (with reboot & F4 at Clover screen), output from patchmatic zipped, ioreg zipped, output from kextstat, output from kextcache, boot is too fast for a picture

I am sorry, I am not fast enough editing the messages!
You are too fast

Thanks for adding EFI/Clover.

Problems:
- HECI should be renamed IMEI
- connector-type values may need to be set appropriately for your Nvidia
- Nvidia GPU PM not implemented (requires PEGP->GFX0 rename)
- your profile seems inaccurate (it says you have HD530, but no such device seen in ioreg)
- ACPI not patched (no accommodation for _OSI("Darwin"). Consider _OSI->XOSI + SSDT-XOSI.aml as a fix.
- may have "instant wake" problems (you didn't patch ACPI for it)
- if the hub on XHC.SS08/HS08 is internal, your USB configuration is wrong (UsbConnector should be 255 for internal devices)
- assuming you really have 5 USB3 ports (not including the internal hub)...???

OK, thanks, that is a lot to research, but will give it a go.
HD530 is in the machine, unused of course while external card is fitted

The ports are tested as per your guide.

Front right = SS06/HS06
Front left = HS05/SS05
Back top (4) blue = HS08/SS08
Back (3) blue = HS07/SS07
Back (2) blue = HS02/SS02
Back bottom (1) blue = SS01/HS01

Back top black = HS08
Back bottom black = HS07

So that is all that is enabled (HS01 - HS02, HS05 - HS08, SS01 - SS02, SS05 - SS08)

Would 255 apply to both HS07 & HS08 ?

OK, thanks, that is a lot to research, but will give it a go.
HD530 is in the machine, unused of course while external card is fitted

Are you saying you could enable it in BIOS, but have chosen to disable it?
If so, your profile should reflect that fact.

Back top (4) blue = HS08/SS08

So the hub I see in ioreg is external?

Would 255 apply to both HS07 & HS08 ?

UsbConnector=255 for internal devices.
You did not provide enough information to answer your question.

From your ioreg, HS07 looks to be an external port connected to an external USB2-only hub. Because if it was an internal hub, both SS07 and HS07 would show the hub (a hub is really two devices in one... a USB2 hub+USB3 hub). And since I see nothing attached to SS07, it must be either an internal USB2 hub (which would be strange) or is an external USB2 only port (in which case UsbConnector is wrong for that port) connected to a USB hub (could be USB2 or USB3) or is an external USB3 port connected to a USB2 hub.

No, HD530 exists on processor, it is auto disabled by BIOS firmware when external card is plugged in.
I will remove the info.

All ports specified above are internal on motherboard (how does one distingushes between USB2 = 0, USB3 = 3, internal = 255 )

Yes, 4 port powered USB3 hub is plugged in port Back top (4) blue = HS08/SS08

Back (3) blue = HS07/SS07 (depending what is plugged in) & Back bottom black = HS07 (it is USB2 black port, always shows HS07, no matter what storage device plugged into it)

In Back bottom black = HS07 there is Lenovo USB keyboard with build 2 port USB2 hub

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back