Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
you just use chameleon wizard and check those off? I've never heard of or used that utility before.

hmm, checked those two to off but no go still... =/

gigabyte h77m-d3h,gigabyte g41m-es2l,asrock z77 pro3,biostar p43d3. all sleep via apple menu and auto all have ssd hdd,sony dvd roms,various nvida cards,all fans shut off without dsdt..using clover bootloader on all builds.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? My first attempt at building a hackintosh, basically the exact hardware outlined in the CustomMac Mini:
GA-H77N-WiFi with i3-3225 and a SanDisk 128GB SSD, 8MB of Corsair 1600 DDR3. Did a virgin install of ML (DSDT-Free) following the various guides here and am now running 10.8.3 just about flawlessly, except for sleep/wake not working the way it should. This bugs me, because various others here have mentioned that they don't have sleep problem with a DSDT-Free install on the H77N.

Here is how it behaves: Selecting sleep from the apple menu causes screen to go black (no sound when volume keys fingered), and a hold power button down reboot is the only way to get things working again. Power light remains lit, power supply fan hums. If I select a finite time for the display sleep and "never" for computer sleep, the monitor goes dark as the selected time and can be woken with the keyboard/mouse. If I select a finite time (> display sleep time) for system sleep, I get the same result as for the apple menu sleep: hard reboot needed after the selected time. I swear that this worked properly a few times, but was unable to replicate. Can anyone point to where I should go from here?

Oh, I tried PleaseSleep and that causes the system to really sleep (fans off), but still no wake, which seems to be the real problem.
And one other note: the boards Intel WiFi/Bluetooth mini-PCI card was replaced with and eBay Atheros 9280 WiFi card, which works fine, but did not change any of the above.

During some tests on my Cube Hack (DQ77KB) & after the update from UEFI "U1c" to "U1d" (GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3), I've realized the following: You do have to remove the "Generate C-States" & Generate P-States" entries, if you have an SSDT (which enables native Power Management).

This is valid for both ivy and sandy platforms! The "black screen during rewake issue" is gone now on both my Hacks! :D

See here:
G4%20Cube%20Chameleon%20Boot%20Plist.tiff

Do you need to extract/create a SSDT somehow or is it read from UEFI? I have the wake issue but I think I have the Generate C- / P-States in Chameleon's boot list.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? My first attempt at building a hackintosh, basically the exact hardware outlined in the CustomMac Mini:
GA-H77N-WiFi with i3-3225 and a SanDisk 128GB SSD, 8MB of Corsair 1600 DDR3. Did a virgin install of ML (DSDT-Free) following the various guides here and am now running 10.8.3 just about flawlessly, except for sleep/wake not working the way it should. This bugs me, because various others here have mentioned that they don't have sleep problem with a DSDT-Free install on the H77N.

Here is how it behaves: Selecting sleep from the apple menu causes screen to go black (no sound when volume keys fingered), and a hold power button down reboot is the only way to get things working again. Power light remains lit, power supply fan hums. If I select a finite time for the display sleep and "never" for computer sleep, the monitor goes dark as the selected time and can be woken with the keyboard/mouse. If I select a finite time (> display sleep time) for system sleep, I get the same result as for the apple menu sleep: hard reboot needed after the selected time. I swear that this worked properly a few times, but was unable to replicate. Can anyone point to where I should go from here?

Oh, I tried PleaseSleep and that causes the system to really sleep (fans off), but still no wake, which seems to be the real problem.
And one other note: the boards Intel WiFi/Bluetooth mini-PCI card was replaced with and eBay Atheros 9280 WiFi card, which works fine, but did not change any of the above.

Hey, I was wondering if you ever got it working properly. I've seen a good deal of posts about people having the same problems as us, yet I've found no solution. I'm angry considering this mobo was supposed to just 'work out of the box'. Sleep is a big deal to me.

lolwatpear-

Sorry for the slow reply (I haven't been following this thread, since it seems sorta dead). But no progress on the sleep front; I've just been enjoying my machine, which is otherwise great. I let the monitor go to sleep (which works as expected) after the selected time but just let the rest the system run. It shouldn't be using much power, but it would be nice for it to be using zero. Maybe a new thread by itself would yield more results?

I think my rig is having trouble to go to sleep. When I put it to sleep it, the screen goes out, and the fans/led goes OFF, then after 2~3 seconds ON again, then OFF, then after 2~3secs ON and they stay ON constantly, but, video is still out and there is no response if i move/click mouse or press keyboard.

So i was looking at the log and this is what happens when i try to make it sleep:

5/19/13 2:58:00.579 AM System Preferences[258]: Cannot call setInetDServiceEnabled:enabled without first being authenticated

5/19/13 2:58:00.685 AM ntpd[102]: ntpd exiting on signal 15

5/19/13 2:58:00.984 AM ntpd[264]: proto: precision = 1.000 usec

Has anyone experienced this and have a solution?

Hi everybody

I have the same problem here (and my computer won't wake up from "waking state", Gigabyte H77N-WIFI here). The only thing i can do is shutting down the machine, and reboot (not really proper isn't it?)
And the option "Wake up LAN" when i want to configure don't seam to exist on my BIOS :/

So for now, i just configured my computer so he never goes to sleep, and i shut down via the power button when i don't use it (which is, -ahah-, quiet never the case..) and configured it so the HDs go to sleep when unused....

any ideas?

Thanks for Ur help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back