Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

My hack used to sleep just fine after removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and NullCPUPowerManagement. Now whenever I try to sleep the computer, the HDD spins down and the lights go out, but it wakes up again just seconds later.

Specs in signature. Thanks!

Hey all,

My hack used to sleep just fine after removing AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and NullCPUPowerManagement. Now whenever I try to sleep the computer, the HDD spins down and the lights go out, but it wakes up again just seconds later.

Specs in signature. Thanks!

Same here,

Hack wakes randomly form 3 secs to 30 minutes after going to sleep. Is there a way/log to track the event that wakes the computer?

I've tried disconnecting all USB devices, SATA DVDRW, disabled WOL.

It's getting pretty frustrating...:S

I have a small issue and cannot find the solution : all works well after installing ML 10.8.2, including sleep/wake up when using HD4000 GPU

BUT after I plugged my ATI 5770 card, wake up does not work any more : screen stays black and monitor in standby but system seems OK as I can ear sound when pressing volume up/down. So it seems that only my graphic car does not got out of sleep ....

Any suggestion here ?

Thanks

My configuration :
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
core i7-3770
16 GB DDR3
Saphire ATI 5770
ML 10.8.2

for all, that remain with a black monitor after resuming sleep,
CLICK a second time, that wakes up the monitor

Hi,

I have this configuration and everything works fine. I only have a little problem that when I shut down, the machine doesn't turn off completly. And when it goes to sleep, never wakes up, so I have to restart the machine.

Curiously when I uploaded the Bios to F14 all these issues were solved but after some rebooting (daily using) the issues came up again and they stay :S

Z77X-UD5H (F14 Bios)
i7 3770K
16 Gb Corsair
10.8.2 ML
120 SSD Sata - marvell
1Tb HD SATA - Seagate
500GB HD SATA - Seagate
2Tb Time Machine - Seagate

I think that the problem is maybe some kexts I have to replace them but I do not have which are, and where to find the properly kext updated.

Cloud you please help me out?

Thank you very much.

Thank you.

I have fixed the problem downgrading the Bios version to F8 from the F14. I will check out in the future newest versions.

grhosso,
I have almost the identical system with the sleep / wake and not shutting down issue. Has downgrading the BIOS to F8 continued to work?
I upgraded the BIOS early in the build process, but I think I originally had a later version than F8.

Was working properly except for the wake from sleep issue. I just changed Apple's Energy Saver settings allow sleep for the monitor, but not anything else.
I've rebooted several times since then which worked. Yesterday, however, after the machine sat idol for a day, It wouldn't shut down completely. I will not reboot either.

Thank you.

I have fixed the problem downgrading the Bios version to F8 from the F14. I will check out in the future newest versions.

UPDATE: I believe I have fixed the problem. I reset the BIOS to defaults (F7) and changed the settings according to this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-g...55-boards.html
In addition I disabled VT-d and WOL. I was still having the problems though until I changed the disk boot order. I have a SSD Boot drive and a 1TB data drive. Changing the boot order to the following finally seems to have fixed the problem.
1TB HDD, DVD, SSD. It still boots from the SSD because the 1TB HDD isn't bootable.

-Jim

I have solved my sleep problems some time ago and want to share with you what made mine work.

YMMV though.

I am using video EFI strings to get my two graphics cards working under ML 10.8.2 I was however quite reckless when
editing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, not bothering about permissions.

As a consequence auto sleep never worked until it dawned upon me that the video strings embedded in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist
file did not have the permissions required by sleep to work properly. Saving that file with sudo did the trick for me, and
ever since all metods of sleep work for me the way they shoud.

Oh bye the way I also use darkwave=10 as opposed to darkwave=0. This was covered elsewhere on this board and
seems to work extremely well for some mobos and HW combinations. My other hack is quite happy and works with
both darkwave=10 as well as darkwawe=0

As I mentioned in the beginning, YMMV

Greets Henties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back