Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
gti2756 said:
So to have sleep enabled, we have to have DSDT.aml inside the /extras folder? I can choose to sleep from the Mac menu just fine but it won't go into sleep automatically after 15 mins.
What brand DVD drive do you have?

Thanks for the tips. My machine was rebooting from sleep and the issue was that I didn't have the Start up automatically after power failure box checked. Now it wakes up just fine. Still no wake from sleep using Bluetooth but that is to be expected.

MacMan said:
gti2756 said:
So to have sleep enabled, we have to have DSDT.aml inside the /extras folder? I can choose to sleep from the Mac menu just fine but it won't go into sleep automatically after 15 mins.

MacMan, do the TSST dvd drives cause problems with Sleep?

I was reading Master Chief's lengthy post at Insanely Mac where he stated that the drive was interfering with power state.

beelzebozo said:
MacMan said:
gti2756 said:

MacMan, do the TSST dvd drives cause problems with Sleep?

I was reading Master Chief's lengthy post at Insanely Mac where he stated that the drive was interfering with power state.
Is seems any drive other than a Sony or Pioneer causes sleep problems.

Attachments

• ioreg_from_Nighter.zip
    384.2 KB · Views: 158
I have a problem, when I came back from sleep my video card didn't response!

It could be that FE DSDT its wrong? I downloaded from DSDT database!

The only way I find to solve the problem is to unplug and plug the video cart conection.

Thank you

I've been looking for solution, but no luck so far...
I have Rampage III Extreme board with 980x, and no sleep. I've used EasyBeast with Chameleon 64-bit. I have no DSDT file, and I've tried numerous sleep enablers...
My hack needs to be available 24/7, so running it OC'ed is kind of challenging. Could someone put me on the right track to get this working?
Thanks

osmarbcn said:
Install PleazeSleep and this work great!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip! Do you know where I can get it? Google gives me just three results, and none of them are related...
Thanks

hi guys...

no autosleep here, even with a sony optiarc bd rw bd-5300s.
we may need a dsdt fix for this...

with a dvd in drive, autosleep works
drive disconnected from sata, autosleep works too

guys, any suggestions?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back