Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
coelo said:
Lnx2Mac said:

Cool thnx!

I didn't see that you had asked me a question in the other thread or I would have answered, but it looks like you guys figured it out already anyway. I thought that the code for the "Apple Method blah, blah" was the sleep code, so I moved it to the same spot as where I saw it in the TonyMacfixes.aml.

Yeah, we were surprised by this, and wanted to see how F10 behaves with the DSDT in the database...
It was a good opportunity to test F10 on my rig too ;)

After finding out it wasn't even the sleep code... I can't believe it worked, lol.
Pure coincidence... :lol:

AND, I didn't know that messing in the DSDL can fry your mboard. So, that is the last time I'm doing that.
Nah, as long as you don't include Processor specific stuff, it should be OK...
Besides, it's fun hacking it...
As Einstein said: Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it ;)

Lnx2Mac said:
coelo said:
Lnx2Mac said:

Cool thnx!

I didn't see that you had asked me a question in the other thread or I would have answered, but it looks like you guys figured it out already anyway. I thought that the code for the "Apple Method blah, blah" was the sleep code, so I moved it to the same spot as where I saw it in the TonyMacfixes.aml.

Yeah, we were surprised by this, and wanted to see how F10 behaves with the DSDT in the database...
It was a good opportunity to test F10 on my rig too ;)

After finding out it wasn't even the sleep code... I can't believe it worked, lol.
Pure coincidence... :lol:

[quote:iclqaeb4]AND, I didn't know that messing in the DSDL can fry your mboard. So, that is the last time I'm doing that.
Nah, as long as you don't include Processor specific stuff, it should be OK...
Besides, it's fun hacking it...
As Einstein said: Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it ;)[/quote:iclqaeb4]

This is true...

I have one tip/fix: sometimes the usb mouse can make problems. Today I've recived my MightyMouse BT version and my sleep problem disappeared just when I unpluged my USB Razer pro 1.6.

Hi All, I have been following this forum for months, and built my second Hackintosh recently using Tony's guide and my build is very similar to his UD2. This is my first post and hopefully I can contribute some useful information regarding some of the sleep issues.

I was having sleep issues with a generic USB (1.1) keyboard & mouse. The computer would sleep but on wake I would have to replug they keyboard/mouse to get them to work. The power button to wake from sleep would work normally of course.

However yesterday i purchased the new Apple wired Keyboard w Numeric Keypad and plugged the old mouse into one of its ports. Voila ! Sleep works normally, i can wake from keyboard/mouse and no need to replug.

I think it has to do with the keyboard being USB 2.0 and higher power draw or something, since that's the only difference. In fact, one of the unique features of this keyboard is that it can charge Ipad / Iphone / etc. The old keyboard (MacAlly Ikeyslim) also had built in USB ports but they were 1.1 / low power.

Hope this helps somebody else.

P..

For who can not get the option "start up automatically after a power failure" in the Energy Saver options :

viewtopic.php?p=36323#p36323

Hi, my hackintosh's sleep mode is fail, the light from case does not goes out and I can't wake it up from sleep. I tried to find Nullpower in extra but it's not there, and there's only 2 options in my energy saver preference. What am I missing guys? :(
screenshot20100925at84914pm.png

Zoker said:
Hi, my hackintosh's sleep mode is fail, the light from case does not goes out and I can't wake it up from sleep. I tried to find Nullpower in extra but it's not there, and there's only 2 options in my energy saver preference. What am I missing guys? :(
Are you using the official Realtek driver is MultiBeast? If so, that is a know issue.

Zoker said:

actually looks like i'm having the same issue. using lnx2mac's beta driver and not the realtek driver. sleep works when i manually ask computer to sleep, but only the display will go to sleep when the timer goes off. same issue with two options in energy saver preferences. also, no Nullpower in S/L/E.

I just started having problems with sleep now.

I recently changed my bios power saving from auto to S3 because my Win 7 install stopped sleeping a long time ago and this seemed to mess everything up with OS X.

I'm gonna try to reflash the bios and see if this helps.

I reinstalled sleep enabler again and that didn't help and I also checked to see if any running processes could be interfering.

I'll if this doesn't work, I'll probably end up updating to 10.6.5 and restoring from my Time Machine save from a few months back and see if this helps. :yawn:

So to have sleep enabled, we have to have DSDT.aml inside the /extras folder? I can choose to sleep from the Mac menu just fine but it won't go into sleep automatically after 15 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back