Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

My laptop can sleep ok, but then when it wakes up i lose audio - i am using a patched appleHDA kext with a sound patch in my DSDT file, but even when i had previously used voodhooHDA instead without a patched DSDT same problem would occur.

Acer5741g Laptop - I havnt read of many people experiencing this issue but unloading kext and reloading kext made no difference?

Kext from USB 3.0 is the cause of non working sleep for sure. Never worked for me on 10.6.8 with User DSDT on Gigabyte P55 USB3 and still not working in 10.7. Unloading the kext -helps, but speed loss is massive.

Kext with USB 3.0 is ok. I also have problem with sleep/wake. Problem is bigger in Lion, so i decided to install SL. Now i'm using z68mx-ud2h-b3 board and sleep and wake works with power button. Autosleep works too. Problem is when i try to wake up by pressing key or mouse - everything wakes up but keyboard mouse not - have to replug it.
I also tried to disable sound, network, USB controllers, etc in bios and also disconnected dvd drive and that also not helped.
So now in have so few elements to figure out what causing problem, but if power button works (sleep and wake up) why there is problem by waking up by key/mouse - seems some software not hardware problem.

For me with Gigabyte P55 USB3 motherboard sleep never worked with PXHCD.kext. Removing the kext brings sleep to life. I would like to enable USB 3.0 controller and retain the sleep, is there a way to do it ?

I have a fully functional Lion install thanks to this forum. The only issue is that Sleep does not work. When I try to "awaken" it the screen is scrambled and the system is locked. The only solution is a reboot. It seems like this is a common problem with no real solution posted yet.

Hi all,
The OS X Lion wakes too slow for me (about a minute). Do you have such a problems?
In Snow Leopard the wake from sleep is instantly (just two-three seconds).

Is there a way to "undo" the "bios reset" script that has been floating around? Once I added the script it will no longer even try to go to sleep by itself...

Hi I have this Mac Mini system F5 Bios with DSDT from tony's website
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4802&p=33755

Everything is running on lion 10.7.1. The computer goes to sleep as schedule automatically or manually. My problem begins once I click on my keyboard or mouse to wake it. It goes into a quick startup and shut down cycle. The only way I can stop this is by disconnecting the power cord. Does anyone know what might be the cause of this? thanks for all your help.

Continue, almost find the reason for my issue..
Suppose something, what is the reason ?
In Lion, my hacky is waking from sleep immediate if I boot with arch=i386, and wake takes about a minute if I boot with 64bit kernel :crazy: No other diferences or problems in Lion between i386 and x86_64 boot.
In SL everything is fine in 64bit..
I use DSDT, ApplePS2Controller, FakeSMC + fakesmc plugins - radeon monitor, acpimonitor, intelcpu, superiofamily.

pdawg1717 said:
Is there a way to "undo" the "bios reset" script that has been floating around? Once I added the script it will no longer even try to go to sleep by itself...
Restore the backup of /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC you made before you patched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back