Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I don't know why but since yesterday i've troubles with sleep. My MoBo is a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R FB and I tried all the steps in the firs page and i couldn't solved.

Anyone can give me some advice to solve it?

Thank you.

I have found with the 5870 that the display should be intialized first from the PCI-e_1 slot versus the default PCI to get sleep to work properly. This was an issue with both Windows 7 and OS X.

Interesting reading - I have posted elsewhere on the forum because I had not found this thread before. Several of us with X58-USB3 or X58A-UD3R boards are experiencing an issue where sleep and auto-sleep work perfectly but attaching an External USB drive breaks auto-sleep. Reboot without the external USB drive and auto-sleep works again.

I have a separate issue where a piece of software can break sleep - have not confirmed it yet but I strongly suspect the bit-t*****t client Transmission. It does have a setting in its preferences to prevent the machine going to sleep if it has a t*****t active. I always have this unchecked but have suspicions that it may be preventing sleep anyway. I have just built again and not installed it this time - sleep continues to work perfectly apart from the aforementioned issue with USB drives.

Last edited by a moderator:
As posted above I had a problem which prevented Auto-Sleep when I had an external USB Hard Drive attached to the system.

I have now discovered a partial solution - partial in that USB2 External Drives will now allow sleep - still have an issue with USB3 External Hard Drives.

The fix I found was to change the System Definition - I had originally built my machine and when deciding which System definition to use I saw that Mac Pro 4.1 and Mac Pro 5,1 were close fits for my hardware. I opted for 5,1 simply because it was a later machine.

I have now discovered that changing the System Definition to Mac Pro 4,1 allows auto sleep to work correctly with external USB2 Drives - I can also attach a USB2 Hard Drive to the USB3 ports and that will work correctly as well.

Original thread here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17269

i have X58A-UD3R end auto sleep don§t work
my graphic card is HIS 6870
10.6.7 last multibeast and DSDT for my bios FF
sleep. restart. work great but auto sleep NO

i try fresh install and try boot without all device like keyboard and mouse
but results is 0

help pleas

TNX

the_gael said:
I have now discovered that changing the System Definition to Mac Pro 4,1 allows auto sleep to work correctly with external USB2 Drives - I can also attach a USB2 Hard Drive to the USB3 ports and that will work correctly as well.

Original thread here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17269

thanks, I may play around with mine as well... I also found the problem w/ usb3 ports interfering with sleep.

I was a snow leopard 10.6.7 and sleep worked fine, now I updated to 10.6.8 and sleep stopped working, the computer goes to sleep, but when i click the mouse, wakes up computer but the monitor will not turn on, what could be the problem? DSDT from tony database

I'm looking for a 10.6.8 sleepenabler.kext -- any leads?

Ok, so I've ignored this problem for months now since it didn't really bother me that much, but the time has come for me to get it solved.

After I got my system completely working, there was an issue with sleep functionality. I got it solved and sleep now works just fine. However, there's a catch. Within my system is an IDE drive that's just used for space. Whenever I put the computer to sleep and wake it back up, the IDE drive always without fail suddenly ejects itself and won't reappear unless I reboot.

So, what's the deal? This seems very strange, and I haven't the slightest idea as to what's causing this. It's conceivable that it's a power issue, but the thing is that the IDE drive disappears at varying times. Sometimes it'll disappear after a few seconds once I've woken the computer, other times it won't disappear for about fifteen minutes.

Any help is appreciated.

I don't know if this works for all Gigabyte motherboards or just mine but it solved my sleep problem. I have a GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (BIOS version F7) with a Core i7 2600K and a MSI Twin Frozer III HD6870 Hawk video card. My Hackintosh runs well but I never got it to sleep properly. I decided to do a test install on a spare HD using UserDSDT Install and also ticked the System Utilities checkbox in Multibeast (3.7.3) AND NOTHING ELSE. I then rebooted and ran Multibeast installing one kext at a time. Each time I rebooted, I checked to see if sleep still functioned properly. It worked until I installed the USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas kext. I then removed the kext (called PXHCD.kext) using terminal:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/PXHCD.kext

After authenticating with my password, I closed Terminal and ran System Utilities in Multibeast again and rebooted. Proper sleep function was restored. I then removed the same kext from my first install which never had proper sleep function. Sure enough now it enters sleep mode properly. However, when the computer wakes from sleep, my Apple Pro keyboard (white plastic-USB 1) is non-responsive until it's unplugged and replugged. I don't have another keyboard to test to see if it's just this model or a general USB issue. Perhaps others can test their setups and report here. Since I don't yet have any USB 3 peripherals, I'm happy to have proper sleep and shutdown in exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back