Contribute
Register

Sleep - General Troubleshooting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im running the GA Z68XP-UD3 with the most recent BIOS updat and using the F8 DSDT. I can put my hackintosh to sleep and on wake up (via wireless Microsoft keyboard or Logitech wired mouse) both devices work without issue.

However, once my machine wakes up again, my network connection doesnt work until I restart the machine. Is this something that can be fixed in the network side of things in Multibeast?

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Cheers

Rado Antiquity said:
Im running the GA Z68XP-UD3 with the most recent BIOS updat and using the F8 DSDT. I can put my hackintosh to sleep and on wake up (via wireless Microsoft keyboard or Logitech wired mouse) both devices work without issue.

However, once my machine wakes up again, my network connection doesnt work until I restart the machine. Is this something that can be fixed in the network side of things in Multibeast?

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Cheers

I have the same board and used to have this very problem. However, the problem was solved after installing the Realtek Ethernet driver (uninstall Lnx2Mac's driver if your using it).

The only strange quirk I have now is that I occasionally have to restart mdnsresponder after waking-up, I loose the ability to see Bonjour services on my network, e.g. my Time Machine server.

In lieu of using the realtek driver, you may want to try opening "System Preferences - Network" pane, select "Off" in ipv4 configure, then click "apply". Once that is done, reselect "Using DHCP" (or "Manually" if that your std config) and click "Apply" again. This process of restarting network services SOMETIMES remedied the problem for me.

-j

Blah101 said:
I have no idea why this happens. I use to be able to use sleep, but it has really gotten messed up. When I put my computer to sleep, then try and wake it up, it will "loop" so to speak. It will wakeup, then sleep, then wake, then sleep. There is no way out. When I unplug it and plug it back in, it does the same thing. The only fix I have is a CMOS reset by removing the battery. Is there anything else I can do to solve this? I am using a UD3H-B3 F10 bios with a 2500k and two GTX 460s (only one has a monitor on it).

YES I am using the edited DSDT with proper installation by multi beast.

Have you resolved this?
Sounds like you did an update - after which you need to run the Apple RTC fix again (Multibeast). To prevent bios resets after sleep!

I have Z77-DS3H board and external HDD shows "disk ejected not properly..." warning after wake, then it connects to the HDD again. This is very annoying and want to know if there is a way to fix this?

This Z77-DS3H doesn't require DSDT so I don't have it.

but you should use one ( DSDT)
if you connect via USB

todesto said:
I have Z77-DS3H board and external HDD shows "disk ejected not properly..." warning after wake, then it connects to the HDD again. This is very annoying and want to know if there is a way to fix this?
Does the board provide +5V power to the USB ports in standby mode (during sleep)?

Mieze

I don't know what happened.
I loaded default bios, then change AHCI and HPET enable, then booted, now it doesn't happen anymore. external HDD stays connected via USB.

When you say sleep does that mean the fans power down?

Yes, just like when you shut down the computer. My old hackintosh machine used to have power LED blink when sleeping, but Z77-DS3H doesn't even have that blinking. everything is off and sometimes I get confused. :confused:

On my Z68 My computer seems to go to sleep but all of the case fans which are connected directly to my motherboard wont turn off how do I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back