Graphics
GTX 460 1gb v2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After following Tony's guide and using the boot disc, I've run into few issues (otherwise installation was fairly smooth!).

When using Multibeast, I attempt to install Chameleon (in addition to other options in Multibeast) to get SL to boot on its own without the boot disc. However, after several tries, I've been unable to have the OS boot successfully (it hangs with "Loading Operation System...").

I followed the dual boot guide (Windows 7 + SL), but neither OS boot. With the boot disc, it gives me an option to boot into either Windows 7 (works perfectly) and SL (limited video and other drivers). I'm guessing that until I can get the OS to boot on its own, I won't be able to see my graphic drivers updated (using nvidia disc with ATI card)?

Also, is DSDT necessary for boot? I haven't gotten around to installing one since my motherboard is a bit unusual and doesn't have one readily available like the P55's.

My computer is currently set to boot with the CDROM first and Hard Drive second, but I still see the same results when I set the Hard Drive to boot first.

Any ideas? :? Specs in sig.

I recommend this:

1. Delete your /Extra folder
2. Install the 10.6.2 Combo Update- don't restart!
3. Install EasyBeast 10.6.2 + Disk Utilities

Then reboot. You should then be able to boot from hard drive. Good luck! When you get a chance submit your vanilla DSDT to the DSDT Database for non-Gigabyte boards- I'll try to edit it for sleep, audio, etc... when I get a chance.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=630

Alright, I'll try deleting the /Extra folder later today. I've already installed 10.6.2 Combo Update along with the Disk Utilities, but I'm going to try reinstalling Disk Utilities again.

Do I need to reinstall Chameleon? Or should it already be there?

Lastly, what's the best way to extract the DSDT? I've only seen the ubuntu method, but wasn't sure if there was a better one.

Alright, so I deleted the Extra folder and reinstalled Disk Utilities, but my computer is still stuck trying to load an OS. I set my OSX partition active (followed the steps in http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... -snow.html), but nothing comes up at boot, not even Windows 7.

Could this be a problem because of the dual boot installation (pretty sure I followed the guide correctly)? Windows 7 will boot up perfectly fine, but requires the boot disc to launch the OS.

Boot up from your boot CD to Mac OS X, and run the chameleon installer I've attached. If you don't have an /Extra folder now, run Multibeast and select the EasyBeast 10.6.2 option along with disk utilities. When it's finished, check to make sure that you have an /Extra folder. That should be all you need to do for it to boot. :)

Attachments

• Chameleon RC4-AsereBLN-1.1.9.zip
    908.8 KB · Views: 79
adamsmasher said:
Boot up from your boot CD to Mac OS X, and run the chameleon installer I've attached. If you don't have an /Extra folder now, run Multibeast and select the EasyBeast 10.6.2 option along with disk utilities. When it's finished, check to make sure that you have an /Extra folder. That should be all you need to do for it to boot. :)
Got the same problem on my SL/W7 dual boot system.
With boot-CD everything works fine....without boot-CD no way...."loading operating system...".

Arni99 said:
adamsmasher said:
Got the same problem on my SL/W7 dual boot system.
With boot-CD everything works fine....without boot-CD no way...."loading operating system...".
Fixed now:
I booted with W7 DVD...clicked "install now"....chose "repair options"...."dos prompt":
now to set the SL-partition active...i used "diskpart":
diskpart ENTER
select disk 0 ENTER
select partition 3 ENTER (partition 3 is the SL-partition)
active ENTER
exit ENTER

rebooting from HDD resulted in a booting W7
downloaded and started "EASYbcd" where I created a 2nd bootloader-entry with "Generic Mac OS X" from the dropdown menue.
Then I selected Mac OS X as 1st system to boot from.
SAVE your entries (button save)

Rebooting results in a windows bootloader screen with "Snow Leopard"(default) and "Windows 7".
Choosing Snow Leopard then shows the Chameleon Bootloader screen.
Choosing Windows 7 boots directly into Windows 7.

Not the most beautiful fix but at least the boot cd is not needed anymore.

Nice workaround- you shouldn't need both bootloaders, but this method was also recommended to a user in a different thread. He was having issues with Windows 7 backup, when choosing Windows through Chameleon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back