Contribute
Register

Skylake-X/X299 and macOS Sierra 10.12 - [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i'm stuck
already successfuly finish step 1, boot from usb and install high sierra to disk (m2 nvme ssd, 960 pro)
but after restart i'm stuck with the message "Error allocating ... "
my rig has Thunderbolt ex 3, on a PCI express.
running with Nvidia, 1080 TI.

when i press 'Enter' the system restarts.

any suggestions ?

@send2moran, how did you bypass the gIOScreenLockstate with Nvidia Graphics Cards under 10.12.6?

I see, but my problem is that under 10.12.6, my rig with the new Nvidia graphics card stops now with the boot process at gIOScreenLockState 3 on both USB Flash Drive and 10.12 System Disk and remains there forever... No Black Screen... you understand? Thus, the gIOScreenLockState 3 problem might not be directly related with the Black Screen issue after the Web Driver Installation, because I did not even install the web driver.

At first place the main aim would be to successfully boot the USB Flash Drive under 10.12.6... Any idea what I could do to reach this aim? Could you upload your 10.12.6 USB Flash Drive EFI-Folder, as in your case the boot with the latter seems successful, right?

with the new drivers (117) i'm stopped at the same step, looping on gIOScreenLockState 3 forever
running high sierra (Supplemental Update), still looking for the solution

with the new drivers (117) i'm stopped at the same step, looping on gIOScreenLockState 3 forever

With High Sierra 10.13 no problem! You just have to uninstall the former Nvidia Web Driver before the macOS Update! Otherwise your 10.13 System will become unbootable!

However under Sierra, I am not even able to successfully boot now the USB Flash Drive Installer with my new Nvidia Graphics Card! Even with the USB Flash Drive Installer, the Boot Process gets stocked at gIOScreenLockState 3!

Are you still able to successfully boot the 10.12.6 USB Flash Drive Installer? If so, can you please upload asap the respective EFI-Folder?

Many thanks in advance!

KGP

Hey KGP, you help me, I help you :) We seem to have the same problem. NV card that doesn't allow the installer to boot @ gIOScreenLockState 3

I need Sierra running badly, but with High Sierra installed and NVIDIA you do this, and it may just work for Sierra:
nv_disable / WebOS checked
Install Web Drivers with SIP enabled; don't reboot
REMOVE NVDAStartup.kext = you can reboot to GUI with SIP disabled (if needed)
nv_disable unchecked / WebOS checked

So I got your High Sierra build running well, but I'd strongly prefer Sierra. Taking the same EFI I use for 10.13 I can't even get past memory allocation when trying the installer, and it goes to black screen on the 10.12.6 SSD I have.

My post @ page 14

My 10.13 EFI (the attachment @ page 14 is 10.12 EFI I previously tried), iMac17,1 edited out.

I'd really appreciate a working 10.12.6 EFI, either ATI/NV don't care. I can't seem to work with the one you supplied in the post, but I'm going at it again.

If you want to chat directly via Skype or something, let me know per DM.

EDIT:
Running your EFI with Test-2016.efi and older OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (which together work for my X99 builds) I can get to gIOSCreenLockState 3 when running the installer. The SATA disk still doesn't go, and jumps to black screen before anything when selected; doesn't matter what SATA-port it's on.

I'm very confused about the SATA drive not going, as I always use it as copy drive for 10.12.6 systems, for example copying to NVME drives and just skipping the need of the installer USB.

EDIT2:
@send2moran I'd be interested in that 10.12.6 bootable Installer EFI folder as well!

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    29.7 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hey KGP, you help me, I help you :) We seem to have the same problem. NV card that doesn't allow the installer to boot @ gIOScreenLockState 3

I need Sierra running badly, but with High Sierra installed and NVIDIA you do this, and it may just work for Sierra:
nv_disable / WebOS checked
Install Web Drivers with SIP enabled; don't reboot
REMOVE NVDAStartup.kext = you can reboot to GUI with SIP disabled (if needed)
nv_disable unchecked / WebOS checked

So I got your High Sierra build running well, but I'd strongly prefer Sierra. Taking the same EFI I use for 10.13 I can't even get past memory allocation when trying the installer, and it goes to black screen on the 10.12.6 SSD I have.

My post @ page 14

My 10.13 EFI (the attachment @ page 14 is 10.12 EFI I previously tried), iMac17,1 edited out.

I'd really appreciate a working 10.12.6 EFI, either ATI/NV don't care. I can't seem to work with the one you supplied in the post, but I'm going at it again.

If you want to chat directly via Skype or something, let me know per DM.

EDIT:
Running your EFI with Test-2016.efi and older OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (which together work for my X99 builds) I can get to gIOSCreenLockState 3 when running the installer. The SATA disk still doesn't go, and jumps to black screen before anything when selected; doesn't matter what SATA-port it's on.

I'm very confused about the SATA drive not going, as I always use it as copy drive for 10.12.6 systems, for example copying to NVME drives and just skipping the need of the installer USB.

EDIT2:
@send2moran I'd be interested in that 10.12.6 bootable Installer EFI folder as well!

Thanks a lot for your efforts, but unfortunately your EFI is not of much help and your above comments neither... I am desperately waiting for the supposedly working 10.12.6 USB Flash Drive EFI-Folder of @send2moran!

As much as it's worth, I can't even boot with your Drivers64UEFI folder, so the Test2016.efi+older AptioFix might help people. Let's op @send2moran returns. In the meantime I'll test and see what I can procure.

As much as it's worth, I can't even boot with your Drivers64UEFI folder, so the Test2016.efi+older AptioFix might help people. Let's op @send2moran returns. In the meantime I'll test and see what I can procure.

Nonsense! My EFI-folder perfectly works with graphics cards different from Nvidia! Forget about Test2016.efi! OsxAptioFix2Drv.kext works absolutly brilliant and flawless! My distributed 10.12.6 EFI-Folder is already outdated. However yet it does not make any sense to distribute a new one until my new nvidia gpu also works...

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back