Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.k. fully forced sleep/wake functionality without TB EX 3 confirmed !!! :thumbup:

Question: one can also check "Enable Power Nap" and uncheck "prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off"??

View attachment 287433
Yes I have that setting unchecked all the time :p

I heard somewhere I forgot where that Asus are planning to release new Bios's sometime this week so maybe something will change. Still testing to find a way to have TB EX 3 enabled with no lengthy 4 minute sleep delay

Reactions: kgp
We spoke about GUI lag, but I want to be sure, everyone is talking about the same lag and i don't have more then others....

So, I made a quick video, I have lag in google search in pictures as you can see, I have tested on different browsers, same lag, and I don't feel this system as quick in GUI then the my X99 was.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nq5mbxuygqmuzsu/2017-10-22 11.12.34.mov?dl=0

Launchpad is so smooth and i have good numbers in cinebench, Intel SpeedStep Technology is turned off and on, I can't see any difference. Sooooo annoying, I want to get rid of this lag :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 2017-10-22 11.13.47.jpg
    2017-10-22 11.13.47.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 104
  • 2017-10-22 11.13.55.jpg
    2017-10-22 11.13.55.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 99
  • 2017-10-22 11.14.07.jpg
    2017-10-22 11.14.07.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 94
Yes I have that setting unchecked all the time :p

I heard somewhere I forgot where that Asus are planning to release new Bios's sometime this week so maybe something will change. Still testing to find a way to have TB EX 3 enabled with no lengthy 4 minute sleep delay

I really hope that they will improve the compatibility with the i9-7980XE!

We spoke about GUI lag, but I want to be sure, everyone is talking about the same lag and i don't have more then others....

So, I made a quick video, I have lag in google search in pictures as you can see, I have tested on different browsers, same lag, and I don't feel this system as quick in GUI then the my X99 was.

Launchpad is so smooth and i have good numbers in cinebench, Intel SpeedStep Technology is turned off and on, I can't see any difference. Sooooo annoying, I want to get rid of this lag :rolleyes:
As I mentioned before, I believe the lag will be persistent until we can use our native CpuID.
There is no setting except disabling Intel Speed Shift that reduces this lag. However disabling Speed shift results in appalling performance so its up to you...
Be patient the lag will have to linger around for a little longer at least until 10.13.2

:?::?::?:

I was inspecting your movie 3 times...

Which lag you are talking about ??

I am not able to see any issue!

It is very difficult to see but it is like tiny micro stutters if you look very closely ;)
I get this all the time, especially on the dock, the stutters are very annoying and noticeable
If you look at Intel Power Gadget the CPU will not speed up above 1.2GHz when moving mouse on dock, however after sleep when there is no lag, the same movement results in little increases in usage

It is very difficult to see but it is like tiny micro stutters if you look very closely ;)
I get this all the time, especially on the dock, the stutters are very annoying and noticeable
If you look at Intel Power Gadget the CPU will not speed up above 1.2GHz when moving mouse on dock, however after sleep when there is no lag, the same movement results in little increases in usage

Very closely ?? :lol::lol::lol: I can't witness any lag on my rig, and I am also not able to witness anything in the movie :lol::lol::lol:

If there it is any lag than it is hardly to be noticed and can't be enjoying at all! :lol::lol::lol:

@Baggi1992 you should be become actor in drama movies ;) You would perform absolutely brilliant, I am convinced! :lol::lol:

e functionality without TB EX 3 confirmed !!!

The most noticeable on the first click on the apple image. That is a HUGE lag... I have about 6 fps there...

The most noticeable on the first click on the apple image. That is a HUGE lag... I have about 6 fps there...

Well if you say so...

I seem to have figured out what is causing the reboots with TB EX 3 being enabled
No Platform Misc Configuration changes this time. Although I do have ERP set to S4 & S5

There are 4 changes in Advanced\Thunderbolt Configuration:
Thunderbolt Usb Support: Disabled
Thunderbolt Boot Support: Disabled
Wake From Thunderbolt Devices: Off
Security level: SL0- No Security

This should resolve the sleep reboots with TB being enabled, however the system does take between 2-4 minutes to sleep now
@kgp could you please test this?

I'm now testing the influence of various darkwake settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back