Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emuvariable..efi
Removed or not, I didn't saw a big difference :p but thank you for anyway..

and YES, i didn't read perfect every detail, i think, I was too tired yesterday :p
Today I tried to read everything 6 times or more.

It's much better, but I see installation screen after 25 min
so it's veeeeeryyy sloooooow every boot try :)
So I tried without your USB kext, then USB 3,0 and 3,1
Then I tried the same with X99 USB kext and XHCI 200
- still I feel like my USB ports are like USB 1.1 :)
and My PC like like 80286 with 16Mb of RAM :p

After so veeeeryy slooow Installation boot:beachball:
i couldn't format my 960evo or any other SSD
I had message: MediaKit reports not enough space on device for requested operation. Operation failed.

So I erase one of my Sata SSD on my old PC with Sierra
and still try... reconnect to X299
and go... (7 hours of tests - I feel weird :p :crazy:)

I read everything again step by step.. so it's difficult to forgot
something, but it's possible to don't understand some words :p
I don't want to hide, my english is not so great... :/

So I still try... we will see after next few hours.. :D

PS: One little frustrating detail...
"Copy the EFI directory being part of EFI-X299-10.13-PB7/DP8 Release-010917 (attached towards the bottom of this post) to the empty EFI partitions of both your USB Flash Drive and your NVMe, SDD or HDD test drive."
Ok..., but I think it's not cool if you don't have 2nd PC with M.2 slot to connect your NVMe SSD :p (like me)
So I think to install HS on any free SSD and then on 960evo.

I'm sure about one thing, even if I haveto spent next 50 hours or more - I will don't give up :D

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Removed or not, I didn't saw a big difference :p but thank you for anyway..

and YES, i didn't read perfect every detail, i think, I was too tired yesterday :p
Today I tried to read everything 6 times or more.

It's much better, but I see installation screen after 25 min
so it's veeeeeryyy sloooooow every boot try :)
So I tried without your USB kext, then USB 3,0 and 3,1
Then I tried the same with X99 USB kext and XHCI 200
- still I feel like my USB ports are like USB 1.1 :)
and My PC like like 80286 with 16Mb of RAM :p

After so veeeeryy slooow Installation boot:beachball:
i couldn't format my 960evo or any other SSD
I had message: MediaKit reports not enough space on device for requested operation. Operation failed.

So I erase one of my Sata SSD on my old PC with Sierra
and still try... reconnect to X299
and go... (7 hours of tests - I feel weird :p :crazy:)

I read everything again step by step.. so it's difficult to forgot
something, but it's possible to don't understand some words :p
I don't want to hide, my english is not so great... :/

So I still try... we will see after next few hours.. :D

PS: One little frustrating detail...
"Copy the EFI directory being part of EFI-X299-10.13-PB7/DP8 Release-010917 (attached towards the bottom of this post) to the empty EFI partitions of both your USB Flash Drive and your NVMe, SDD or HDD test drive."
Ok..., but I think it's not cool if you don't have 2nd PC with M.2 slot to connect your NVMe SSD :p (like me)
So I think to install HS on any free SSD and then on 960evo.

I'm sure about one thing, even if I haveto spent next 50 hours or more - I will don't give up :D

You will have to subsequently create your board specific XHC USB Kext in order to make all USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports working :lol:;). Then, also all natively implemented USB 3.1 ports should be able to do their work as expected :thumbup:

I am afraid that this was not the last reply, question and comment I received from your side :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers,

KGP:thumbup:

You will have to subsequently create your board specific XHC USB Kext in order to make all USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports working :lol:;). Then, also all natively implemented USB 3.1 ports should be able to do their work as expected :thumbup:

I am afraid that this was not the last reply, question and comment I received from your side :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers,

KGP:thumbup:

Sorry Man, I can understand you, how it can be boring for you,
i have a lot of situation like this one with my clients (with others subjects)

I know that it sucks because it's my 4th OS X build, not 10th or more
so I don't have so much of experience like others...
and worst : Whole my life (for my private PCs) I bought ASUS motherboards, and first time
when I taked Gigabyte - I have a lot of little problems which makes me :banghead::crazy: crazy.. :p
and it normal to spent a lot of hours on testing, but I think
if I don't find a good solution this weekend...
next Monday I will have to buy new Motherboard or install Windows :(
to continue my work...

So wish me good luck :headbang:

Sorry Man, I can understand you, how it can be boring for you,
i have a lot of situation like this one with my clients (with others subjects)

I know that it sucks because it's my 4th OS X build, not 10th or more
so I don't have so much of experience like others...
and worst : Whole my life (for my private PCs) I bought ASUS motherboards, and first time
when I taked Gigabyte - I have a lot of little problems which makes me :banghead::crazy: crazy.. :p
and it normal to spent a lot of hours on testing, but I think
if I don't find a good solution this weekend...
next Monday I will have to buy new Motherboard or install Windows :(
to continue my work...

So wish me good luck :headbang:

Change the Gigabyte for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe! It is definitely the better choice and you will get rid of all problems as it 100% compatible with my guide!!! Don't give up man! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

A small change ein life can be very fortune sometimes ;)

Smooth Skylake-X/X299 System Upgrade and macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide Upgrade to macOS High Sierra 10.13 PB8/DP9 in less than one hour!!!

Overview-X299-10.13-PB8:DP9.png

New EFI-Folder attached here below and at the end of the originating post/guide.

Only modification:
  • New PB8/DP9 apfs.efi in /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI
Enjoy and have fun! :thumbup:

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X299-10.13-PB8:DP9-Release-020917.zip
    31.9 MB · Views: 175
Make sure your clover installer is the latest one and use this clover folder. I have the same system as your one.
The vega 64 and aorus motherboard with 7900x. It's running perfectly.
If it doesn't work, we need to look at your bios :)
I'll take some screenshots soon! (done)
edit 2: I'm running beta 9.

1.) This is a serious warning! You are acting against the forum rules:
a.) Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted.
b.) Trolling, spamming and advertising via the forum, email, visitor messages, comments or private message system is not allowed.​

2.) Look to your clover folder:

a.) X99_Injector USB 3.kext
b.) NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
c.) SMBIOS6,1 and this time iMac19,1​

You need c.) to make a.) work! However, b.) and c.) are a simply nightmare, if one thinks in terms of XCPM, not only with respect to Pike Alpha's ssdtPRgen.sh and ssdt.aml (which might not work at all with your SMBIOS settings!) The NullCPUPowerManagement.kext definitely is the dead of any native XCPM!​

You can distribute your hoax in your thread. You have any right to do that! But please, once more stay away from my thread and do not troll information from your thread into my thread, which is based on a totally different approach, onset and methodology!

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

Please advertise your misleading Skylake-X/X299 approach elsewhere! My thread is definitely not the right place to so! :mad:

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
With these bios settings all cores are synced and USB is all good. To get proper speedstep make sure the turbo boost is set to legacy - OS x doesn't support the native mode yet.
Don't know why you'll have to stand on your head to read them :D

The same states for your BIOS Settings. There is no "Sync All Cores" Equivalent on Gigabyte mobos! Show your XCPM performance results and demonstrate the opposite! Show that you achieve the same brilliant results as I do with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe!!! By the way, as mentioned in my other reply above, your SMBIOS settings will never work with Pike Alpha's ssdtPRgen.sh and ssdt.aml! And NullCPUPowerManagement.kext definitely is the dead of any native XCPM!

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

Finally, try not to permanently publish figures which are upside-down, although this might go in line with your upside-down Skylake-X/X299 approach :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
MediaKit reports not enough space on device for requested operation. Operation failed.

I had this message too. Solved it using this ... maybe it helps

https://www.******.com/r/applehelp/...utility_fails_to_eraseformat_an_external_hdd/

Dear KGP,
My hackintosh is great! and I've used parts of your guide to help it to be that way. You must remember that it was the very first fully working X299 hack and it led the way for you.
Sharing my clover with a person who has the same system is the best way to get HIM with a working hack.
I am trying to help this guy and the hackintosh community. The solutions I give to theses people - NOT YOU - are good solutions and lead to robust and simple hacks. Your strange campaign against me and gigabyte needs to stop so that we can help the people on this forum.
You have a great guide and simple to use but it is so lacking for anyone who doesn't use the exact same system as you do, and your answer to any of their problems is "buy an asus motherboard"
This is not a competition between my method or my motherboard and yours. It's a collaboration to help the hackintosh community. So please, I would like you to think about helping others, not becoming famous or whatever is driving you, settle down and accept various other solutions that work.

Since you asked, this is what appleintelinfo says about my P states - 11 overall at the time of testing (right now):

CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 (13) 23 26 28 29 44 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 13 23 26 27 28 29 44 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 13 23 25 26 27 28 29 44 ]
CPU P-States [ 12 13 23 25 26 27 28 29 44 (47) ]
CPU P-States [ 12 13 23 25 26 27 28 29 44 47 ]
CPU P-States [ (12) 13 23 25 26 27 28 29 31 44 47 ]
petes-Mac-Pro:desktop surfin$

Show IPG graphs!!! AppleIntelInfo does not say much about the final effective XCPM CPU performance which is also MAINBOARD RELATED! In my personal opinion you are not helping others, your are misleading others... My guide is not ASUS or ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe specific! It is a general guide with a valid approach and effective solutions for ALL X299 Mobo's, sorry!!!

Your build by the way was not the first working X299 hack and it neither let the way for me!!!! I had my X299 build long time running before (and many others did as well) and there was no need to follow any of your misleading advises!!!

However, there is a tremendous difference in efforts and time to just publish a clover directory (which you apparently subsequently and permanently iterate without further explanations of advises) or to publish a comprehensive and fully developed guide. That's also why it took much longer in my case to publish my detailed approach and related results.

Your clover folder in my personal opinion is definitely not the best way to get HIM with a working hack. In my opinion it is just a sloppy piece of work for finding quick personal short time glory by violating the most basic principles.....

Try to help the hackintosh community all along your own thread! But please stay there and stay away from my thread! Please do not distribute and PROMOTE your hoax along my thread! I just depreciate this behavior!

My guide is not lacking anything for anyone who doesn't use the exact same system as I do. I think I indeed present a comprehensive guide applicable to any X299 system! The answer to buy a ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe was a particular recommendation, as I am still convinced that it is the better board when compared with the Gigabyte AORUS X299 Gaming 9 and because I have seen that there was missing background and experience on the other side to successfully apply my extensive and very detailed guide.

Anyway you are nobody to judge and question my answers!

This is not a question of competition! Your attitude and behavior is simply violating and effrontery in my opinion! I definitely do not search for this kind of collaboration! :thumbdown

I do accept your solution, but I do not accept that you PROMOTE it along my thread! It's that simple! :mad::mad:

All the best and good luck with your approach and thread! Anybody is free to follow your thread and sophisticated advises :thumbup:

But please once more stay within your thread and don't troll, spam or advertise your approach along my thread! O.K.???

Clear enough?

KGP

Last edited:
Your rants don't help the community.
This is a typical IPG signature and behaves exactly as it should in geekbench. The scores are indicative of the efficiency of my system. If you can get better scores I will believe your guide.
View attachment 276235

Show IPG Cinebench related results! And then please subsequently stay away from my thread and please don't further troll, spam or advertise your approach along my thread! Or otherwise I will also start trolling, spamming or advertising my thread inside yours! I really have not intention or interest to do so!

In any case my friend, you are not only violating basic assumptions and requirements but definitely also BOARD RULES!!!! :mad:

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back