Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello KGP

Change to imacpro and work all ok , turbo does not start, stuck at 4000, I created the ssdt and nothing, what can it be?

thanks in advance

Hello KGP

Change to imacpro and work all ok , turbo does not start, stuck at 4000, I created the ssdt and nothing, what can it be?

thanks in advance

did you run ssdtPRGen with the -turbo flag? e.g. "ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4400" for the i9-7980XE...

Otherwise check your BIOS settings..

ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4300 for mi 7820x and bios as in the guide. turbo enabled , there is some option in the BIOS that may interfere with voiding the turbo?

a doubt ... usb kext creation is necesary in imacpro smbios profile?

Last edited:
ssdtPRGen.sh -turbo 4300 for mi 7820x and bios as in the guide. turbo enabled , there is some option in the BIOS that may interfere with voiding the turbo?

yes

If someone try to find best keyboard in the world - Apex M800 is perfect
but if you are crazy human like me, be careful, because after 5th situation with some liquid tea/drink or something on my M800
yesterday was the last time RIP my M800 :p

So I connected the other one bought 6 moths ago, never used - Logitech K811
which is small but very comfortable and without wires :D so I can recommend for everyone
even tested with few games - work great :D
*** and you can fast switch between your smartphone, tablet and PC :p
IMG_0315.jpg

I finally finish to reDelid my CPU for better protection with some product
which is electric isolation, if you put little too much of liquid metal :)
I can recommend this product for your all electric things if you want to protect something.

IMG_0322.jpg

finally I can make some tests with New iMac Pro SMBIOS changes :headbang:
and of course new 10.13.3 beta 2 :D:D:D

PS: If you have some magic thing/solution to stop time
please tell how because I need 30h/24h to do most of my things from my planning/agenda :p :D

should be in the delidded club in about 2 hours. wish me luck!

should be in the delidded club in about 2 hours. wish me luck!

I wish you luck! (and welcome in our great club) :D

Deliding very simple :p
today if I had 7960 or 80XE or any other SkylakeX processor deliding is quite safe and fast with Rootkit tool
(in my opinion I feel it is even better than DerBauer delid tool)
and worst thing was "how to protect everything around CPU if you put too much of LM"
Thats why we have to find something which will be electric isolation for that very small components around CPU.
PS: if you don't have nothing I saw people which protect their components
with that thing for woman - nail polish if it's a correct name :p

So, faster you will delid your CPU, faster he will be 20 degree colder ... :)

BTW: after First tests on 10.13.3 beta 2

Geekbench:
CPU - slightly worst multi-core performance and slightly better single-core performance
(it's a 400-800 points difference)
GPU - 190k for my Vega 64 (which is not bad in my opinion)

LuxMark - the same performance than before 25k :)

Last edited:
Great news which I can confirm - on 10.13.3 beta 2
I can boot my system without FakeCPUID :headbang::headbang::headbang:

and everything works great :D

Today and tomorrow if I find magic way to stop time
I will try the rest (iMac Pro SMBIOS etc with new clover PCI implementations etc etc) :)

@Ramalama , @ALL ,

After having a quick look to your EFI folder I am left with the following questions:

1.) What is the meaning and function of HFSPlus.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI/ ?

2.) At a first glance I had the impression that you not use "VoodooTSCSync.kext" in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
However when inspecting "SyncTSC_i9-7900.kext" I witnessed that you just renamed "VoodooTSCSync.kext" to"SyncTSC_i9-7900.kext" and that the latter file is identical with "VoodooTSCSync.kext", correct?
3.) What about HDMI/DP digital audio output via your Aorus 1080ti xTreme? You don't use any Audio-SSDT.aml in
/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patches/ ...
Cheers,

KGP
Hello,
Thanks for your work. I used for my own hack. But now I have an audio problem. I have a problem getting my ALC 1220 sound running. I used this instruction https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ld-extended-guide.229353/page-73#post-1606045

and get the failure after executing audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command

Error occurred, AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist/BundleShortVersionString not found
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
…completed.
X299 Aorus Gaming 7 (audio Realtec ALC1220 codec)
I9-7900x
AMD Raedon Vega Frontier
high Sierra 10.13.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back