Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you pls upload your Bios setup? CMO will be easiest way.. I also wanna try out to see if it will fix my 00 error code. Thanks

I'm really keen on trying it, but I'm not skilled enough for it. I have a couple of questions. What could happen if I do it wrong?
Is there something I can do to protect my bios and mother set up? I'd use the GB x299 UD4 ATX LGA 2066 Motherboard and i7 7820x processor.

Last edited:
so it appears that msi and asrock have the bios updates for their x299 boards... should i just go with one of those over the x299 deluxe?

so it appears that msi and asrock have the bios updates for their x299 boards... should i just go with one of those over the x299 deluxe?

IMHO, that's not a particularly useful reason to pick a motherboard, all of these companies update their BIOSes from time to time (there are 3 BIOS updates out already for the ASUS Prime Deluxe, including one in the past month)....If you feel comfortable building out an x299 on those motherboards then go for it. Don't expect what works for the ASUS board to work for the MSI or ASRock boards. What features will you use?

Reactions: kgp
obviously kgps guide is adaptable to any x299 board as he has stated multiple times... however from his testing and others i was curious if there was a comparable board from one of those manufactures that wont exhibit the processor issue.

IMHO, that's not a particularly useful reason to pick a motherboard, all of these companies update their BIOSes from time to time (there are 3 BIOS updates out already for the ASUS Prime Deluxe, including one in the past month)....If you feel comfortable building out an x299 on those motherboards then go for it. Don't expect what works for the ASUS board to work for the MSI or ASRock boards. What features will you use?

and to just add on, yes there are 3 updates to the prime however one of which just came out on the 10th and does not include the intel fix for this issue which came out on 11/17

Last edited:
obviously kgps guide is adaptable to any x299 board as he has stated multiple times... however from his testing and others i was curious if there was a comparable board from one of those manufactures that wont exhibit the processor issue.

and to just add on, yes there are 3 updates to the prime however one of which just came out on the 10th and does not include the intel fix for this issue which came out on 11/17

It seems like Logic Pro users are the ones affected. I have zero issues with my workflow, which is mostly image processing in Capture One, Lightroom and Photoshop. So if you're a Logic Pro user, then maybe you need to look at a different solution--if you think "readily adaptable to any x299 board" necessiarly means easy and seamless, or have the experience necessary to dig around to make it work when it doesn't, then go for it.

nothing is easy with hacks.... and i thoiught originally the issue was in FCPX and Premiere as well.... is it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back