Contribute
Register

Skylake system 10.11.4 MSI Tomahawk, 6600k, gtx 770 running with slight problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z170i Pro Gaming
CPU
Skylake i5 6600k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1070 SC
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have the following setup running el capitan dual booting windows 10 on one drive with a few problems: - MSI Tomahawk Z170A - Intel i5 6600k Skylake - Asus GTX 770 - Samsung 850 evo 1tb

I'm running the latest clover but booting seems to be a hit or miss. Currently i'm using OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi because when i use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi i get a low memory error. But i think OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is giving me problems, sometimes my system won't boot and i get a "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error. And i have to turn off my pc and turn it on again and hope i'm lucky. If it goes beyond that there aren't any problems.

I made a photo of the error: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11109447/errorBooting.jpg

Next thing, sometimes the clover theme i picked will show and sometimes it goes back to the blue (no-theme selected) theme. Does anyone know what is up with that?

Last thing, my audio is functioning (realtek alc891) but the volume is really low. It seems like the sound isn't amplified, i have to set the volume on my speakers around 80-90% (and osx on full) to get a normal volume.

... sometimes the clover theme i picked will show and sometimes it goes back to the blue (no-theme selected) theme.

I just had a dickens of a time un-doing the damage that selecting a different Clover theme did. It did not work for me. I used the latest Clover, Clover_v2.3k_r3556, updated the themes, chose a theme that looked good and when I rebooted no drives were available to boot into. To get it back I had to run MultiBeast all over again since booting through USB and re-installing Clover didn't fix it. Initially I wanted to copy the HD Clover .plist to USB Clover so that it would not boot with the OSX video driver enabled. (If my BIOS splash screen comes up in 2k (2560x1440) I know that the UEFI has mucked up since my BIOS defaults to 1k, 1900x1080, max.) And, of course, I got side tracked... After updating to the latest Clover I wanted to be able to use the Tonymacx86 theme. But it wouldn't take...

I really wish that the Clover boot screen showed the version number on it. Or at least a "About" tab that shows the version number. But, no... Guess I will have to go through a .plist editor...

I would suggest that you either stick with the TonyMACx86 theme or the default updated Clover theme. Yes, I like the look of the rEFind theme, http://refit.sourceforge.net/screen.html , for example, but I'm not willing to wrestle with hungry dogs for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back