Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I have the following:

* HP EliteDesk 800 G2 TWR
* Intel® 8 Q170
* MOBO HP 8053 (U3E1)
* Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz Skylake

I have installed Sierra 10.12.2 and it is working very well. However I am facing a problem. Whenever I shutdown the machine it restarts.

I have tried the `FixShutdown` and the `HaltEnabler` on Clover without any success. SpeedStepping works.

I have used the `iMac17.1` SMBIOS.

How can I debug this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 217
Hi,

enable S5 Maximum Power Savings in the BIOS and it will work.

BTW do you have any problems with the hackintosh? This is my primary machine running only osx and it works great. If you are interested I will spend sometime now to upgrade a guide.

I'm having the same issue. My rig reboots instead of shutting down and will not wake from sleep. I've attached my config.plist, This is my first build and I've been trying to fix this for days, scoured the forums to no avail. Is there anyone that can have a look at it for me?

GA-Z170X UD3, 32gb Ram, 4.00 GHz Intel Core i7 (running @ 4.01?), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4095 MB, Sierra 10.12.3,
iMac 17.1 SMBIOS (at least that's what I tried for).

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 203
Lensjocky:

Check this thread someone mentioned the following:

Check if there's an ErP option in UEFI/BiOS that's disabled And enable that (S5 Maximum Power Savings). It's usually under CPU Power Management or APM or something like that. I see that has fixed some Skylake systems with the same issue, in addition to FixShutdown in Clover.

The other one to check is if you have a "Wake on LAN" option enabled as that's another known cause.

Hello,

I have the following:

* Intel® 8 Q170
* MOBO HP 8053 (U3E1)

I have installed Sierra 10.12.2 and it is working very well. However I am facing a problem. Whenever I shutdown the machine it restarts.

I have tried the `FixShutdown` and the `HaltEnabler` on Clover without any success. SpeedStepping works.

How can I debug this?

Thanks!

Hello Sakoula,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would use the same HP Elitedesk 800 G2 TWR as Hackintosh with installation on clean System with MAC OSX Sierra.

I Create an Bootstick with UniBeast-7.0.1 unter VMware and have follow Problem.
I boot from USB-Stick the Bootloader with EFI an the Installer try to boot the MAC.
I see the process with the Apple Logo and progress bar are half load and now reboot the PC.

Could you please send me your working EFI Boot Files with UniBeast/Clover and your working BIOS Settings?
I use a new Harddisk with currently NTFS Format and would it format in HFS+ with the OSX Installer.

Finally i would use it with my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 and my internal SSD with Dual-Boot MAC and Windows.
But currently for test installing i have unplugged the Hardare.

Here the Links to my Hardware.
HP EliteDesk 800 G2 TWR, Core i7-6700, 2x 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GeForce GTX 960 (X3J18EA#ABD)
https://www.urano-shop.de/Shop/DE/Product/Details/2165/2136111/false/

MANY Thanks

Christian

Hello,

I have the following:

* Intel® 8 Q170
* MOBO HP 8053 (U3E1)

How can I debug this?

Thanks!

Most likely caused by USB or Powermanagement. Attach ioreg. Note SMBIOS Trust should be True not False. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

How did you create your VM ?
The Virtual Machine works fine.

My problem was the Installation from the BootStick.
But now i works follow sakoula reply:

Chris81Hackintosh, I created a guide for my setup and it can be [found here](https://github.com/sakoula/hackintosh.hp.800.g2) .

Please note that I do not have a discrete graphics card and use the onboard `Skylake HD 530 GPU`. In your case do not use the `Inject Intel` but the `Inject NVidia` where applicable or install the nvidia drivers as described in [this thread](https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cs-drivers-for-os-x-10-11-4-346-03-06.188837/)

Good Luck

====================================================

I have now only one Problem:
The external NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 cant `t load the Driver.
I use the latest Driver and install it.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

When i select use the NVIDIA Webdriver and restart Sierra it jump back to MAC OSX Internal Driver.

I can only use my internal INTEL Chipset Diplay Driver.
But with this i can`t use a Secound Display.

@Chris81Hackintosh:

As I wrote I do not use an NVidia GPU in my current setup. However in the past I have used an ASUS GT 630 on another computer and I dig up some notes:

After installing the card and having various problems this is the procedure I followed:

The VGA port on the ASUS GT 630 is not working. You can connect the monitors on the HDMI and DVI ports. The card can be used using the native apple drivers and the NVidia Web Drivers. I have chosen the latter. In order to have NVidia working you **always** need to use Inject/NVidia=True. For using the Web Drivers you additionally need nvda_drv=1. The values I have played with are:

* Inject/NVidia=False|True: Inject the NVidia device in order to detect the card.
* nvda_drv=0|1: Use the NVidia Web drivers.
* nv_disable=1: Completely disable NVidia support and fall back on some basic old drivers (minimal video support).

These values are being setup in clover. What type of values have you used? If you have used 'Inject Intel' then it uses the Intel card.

**Installing NVidia Web Drivers**

The procedure to install the Web Drivers is the follow:

* go to tonymacx86 to find about the latest drivers like in this link for 10.11.2 .
* boot the machine with nv_disable=1.
* install the NVidia web drivers.
* boot with Inject/NVidia=True, nvda_drv=1, nv_disable=0

**If you do not know how to add Inject/NVidia=True, nvda_drv=1, nv_disable=0, in your config.plist, send me the file and I will update it myself**.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back